Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My First YouTube Video!

S

Solar Steve

I've just finished uploading my first solar panel cleaning video to YouTube! It is only 1m 25s.

If you're interested, check it out and subscribe to our channel for new vids when they come online! We will not upload all of our jobs, so you won't be inundated. We will only do those of interest. Don't forget to 'like' it if you like it!!!

Thanks guys!

[media]

[/media]

What's the difference in cleaning the panels compared with the tube type solar panels? Is one harder? Like the video /emoticons/smile.png

What's the difference in cleaning the panels compared with the tube type solar panels? Is one harder? Like the video /emoticons/smile.png
They do completely different things. The panels are solar PV and make electricity, the tubes are solar thermal and heat the water in your house.

looking good, id use fan jets on solar panels tho .... less time spent rinsing
Fan jets are not available for that pole. We normally use fan jets that are fitted on our other poles, but that pole was needed on that job. Good advice though. /emoticons/smile.png

Do u clean both panels and tubes? Are either fragile? Which is harder to clean or takes longer?
We don't tend to clean tubes. They don't seem to hold the dirt.

Great to see that lad on the roof was using fall protection:D
How do you know he needed it? Could the roof the other side of the apex not have been flat?/emoticons/tongue.png

Regardless if that roof has flat areas or not the cleaner is still at risk of a fall without some sort of fall protection to reduce the risk as he still has to work at height on roofs. HSE would throw the book at you if he had an accident as you are ultimately responsible for workers safety even if they are subcontractor or not./emoticons/tongue.png

Back