Does It Worth To Clean A School - If I Have To Spend The Whole Payment On Equipment?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by sdrah, May 15, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I was asked by a school manager to give them a quote - it is one clean per year - and after I had a look around I thought to charge 420 per clean.

however - If I take the job - I have to buy an extension for my 25ft Gardiner - as it is a 3 storey building - and I will also need a tank (as right now I use 25L containers) - And because my combo has only a 500 kg Payload - I might need to hire a trailer to stock more water - as I recon I would need few tons ?

does it worth all this hassle ? and money

Advertisement
  2. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I don't think I will need a 45 + ft pole for other jobs - as most I do domestic

3. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

I would say yes, if I get a job that requires extra tools equipment I would just make sure the job covers the cost of what you need, invest it in & im happy with that as I see it as doing the job for the equipment & then you have it there for any other big jobs that come up

4. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

depends what you want from your business. Just enough to get by or to grow it into something better.

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

it might be worth it in the long run, you never know what might pop up.

or

do you know anyone that could help you with it or borrow some bits from??

6. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

^^^wot they said^^^

, it depends where you see yourself going and if you can cover the equipment cost and have it to hand for anything that may come your way that woulod be good in my eyes

7. sdrah

sdrah Guest

ok thanks - totally agree with the above - as it will fully cover the cost of everything i buy

just don't like the idea - being once a year : )

8. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Agree with the others, think you have to have it in your mindset, that if you invest, you have to push on and proactively seek other work, good luck

9. Mart1001

Mart1001 Well-Known Member

You'll also maybe get more advice, once this thread is moved to the correct section.

10. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Not sure what this was doing in the trad forum!
    Moved to the wfp forum, not sure how this one escaped the net!

Advertisement