Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello - Just Off Out To Post My First Leaflets

adrianb1066

Morning all,

I've been lurking for a few months now after deciding that I need a change of direction. With the arrival of our first baby I need to get away from my highly stressful job in order to enjoy a more flexible working week and not to be so tense/irritable most of the time due to pressures of work (i'm either at work or thinking about work).

This forum has some really useful threads and advice so look forward to being able to contribute more when I have gained some experience.

At the moment I have every Thursday off work so am hoping to pick up some work that I can do then in order to practice my doorstep knocking/sales pitch and generate some regular income before leaving paid employment. Printed off forty leaflets last night on the printer and am just about to post them quietly (well it is a Sunday morning) through the flats in my block - Let's see if that generates any interest.

One small step for man - One giant leap for a new career!

All the best,

Adrian.

Good luck. A few tips when your doing your leaflets, rattle gates if you can't see behind it, that way you'll hear if there is a dog, when entering a garden do a quick visual check for balls, bones, water bowls etc. Take a pencil/pen and diary with you.

Also always remember to shut gates Behring you if they were shut when you went in. Small things but leaves a good impression. Good luck !

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hi welcome to the forum

I reckon you should door knockkk cos 40 leaflets isnt gonna do the damage but good luck mate

Thanks for the welcome and the tips folks.

I know 40 leaflets wont do much but is a small first step and didn't want to wake anyone up on a Sunday morning :)

I am designing a flyer to get professionally printed and will start to canvas seriously when they're done.

Good luck mate,I ordered 10,000 leaflets for hundred quid,put the lot out and the return was massive,didn't knock on one door.happy days now don't have to worry now just never give up,post full on ,park van up and 3 months down the line you'll wonderd what the worry was about good luck from ady

Good luck mate,I ordered 10,000 leaflets for hundred quid,put the lot out and the return was massive
how long did they take to deliver lol it took me over 3 hours to get rid of 400 :lol:

my return was epic fail lol just 2 customers. i have lots of cleaners round my way and ppl on the dole dont help matters with there 5 quid cleans.

I spent 8-9 hours a day dropping along with other advertising,I'm very determined though and never gave up.know what you mean but dole scum bags doing that come and go.took me a few weeks and haven't had to drop one leaflet for years now.

Adyspurs u were dropin leadlets for that long /emoticons/ohmy.png so u were drippin like 1000 a day ?

God knows mate,was about to get laid of so took couple of weeks and pelted them out,I just didn't stop mate.couple of years down the line got website,nice contracts and loads of houses,happy days.

Hi ad, welcome to the forum. Leaflets are great but hit rate on average is about .1 % If you canvass with the leaflet this will increase your hit rate. Also get listed on google places and a cheap website is something that is worth looking into. Loads of advice from lots of experience window cleaners on the forum willing to spur you on

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock