Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do not cry about it in six weeks time.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

This is to all the noobs and those looking to 'top up' their rounds.

'SCHOOLS OUT'

You do not need fancy flyers and logo uniforms etc etc. You need a pad and a pen.

Knock knock.

'Hello?'

'Sorry to trouble you, I clean windows for your neighbors and see yours havent been done for a while, can I give you a quote?'

'Yes please' = give quote and hopefully sign customer

'No thanks' = Ok, thanks for your time' and straight to the next.

Even the worst and shyest door knockers can manage 5 a day during holiday period. On a 5 day week that's 150 new customers ready for autumn.

Get the note pad grab the pen and stop skiving, no you don't need to wait till the signage for the van is ready. No one really cares. Only your vanity.

Just did 1 1/2 hour knocking a council estate near one of my smaller rounds, out of 50 houses, 15 answered and bagged 5 - 1 one off at 20, 1 8 weekly at 10 and 3 4 weeklys at 8, 6 said pop back in a month as current windy very unreliable and 4 flat out said no. If i get 3 of them that rounds full. Its all a numbers game and being confident during your pitch. Price isnt an issue as ive quoted between 8 and 10, current windy charges 5. Good tip is look for houses with bikes, scooters etc outside, good sign there in

Another thing i find works is to arrange a ckean within 5 days of knock, gives them less time to change there minds, or what i used to do is knock £2 off 1st clean price to do it on the day.

I will be canvassing in the evenings the next few weeks

Did an hour or so every available evening this time last year and that picked up a load of work

Seeing as it's the woman who is usually in charge anyway it's the best time while they are home with the kids

6 weeks holiday is turning into a nightmare for me, the wife who now works with me and has meant we took on loads more work is now at home with the kids, I am now doing two peoples work....... yay!

Back