Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Done it agin :(

Doesn’t matter too much if you underprice an initial clean. 
It’s the regular clean that’s important, as it’s an ongoing thing. 
Don’t muck about too much like that, as you’ll end up with a bad reputation?

Never done that, and never would. My reputation means too much to me. 
That’s just bad etiquette. You’ve  basically got paid nothing, when you could’ve got paid something and moved onwards & upwards by the experience. 

Lucky customer (ex-customer) who’s just had the front windows cleaned for free!

Still Learning 

went and done a first clean today way to

under priced done The fronts and went skipped the back
If you've just started up, and not busy. Its lesson learnt, dont matter how long it takes you when just starting out. As long as the regular clean is priced correctly. 

Then there's me who took about 3 hours on a first clean, massively underpriced and still walked away thinking have I done a good job! 

The joy was when she text me later and couldn't thank me enough. Now takes me about half hour! 

First impressions count like you wouldn't believe in this job 

Good luck is all I can say! 

Should speak to customer, explain your error and find middle ground. Still time to go back or call to explain you had to run to the next arranged job prehaps... ?

If your checking jobs out from street view , always tell them it’s a rough price , and you’ll confirm once around todo it , or even better get photos sent over ,

if a customer can’t be bothered to send few photos they will definitely not be bothered to pay you ??‍♂️

If your checking jobs out from street view , always tell them it’s a rough price , and you’ll confirm once around todo it , or even better get photos sent over ,

if a customer can’t be bothered to send few photos they will definitely not be bothered to pay you ??‍♂️
And that was exsacly this job spoke to the neighbour who I clean and said last window cleaner took them to court ? 

so automatically put doubt in my mind 

And that was exsacly this job spoke to the neighbour who I clean and said last window cleaner took them to court ? 

so automatically put doubt in my mind 
Yea, after knowing that, you've probably dodged a bullet mate. There really are some b******s about. I'm guessing the neighbour told you this once you'd started cleaning? 

Yea, after knowing that, you've probably dodged a bullet mate. There really are some b******s about. I'm guessing the neighbour told you this once you'd started cleaning? 
I know that mate and she told me when she was coming in as she wasn’t home just couldn’t be bothered cashing payments and stuff so I went out and got 3 new customers to make up so all good and well 

Still Learning 

went and done a first clean today way to

under priced done The fronts and went skipped the back
Take your time to price jobs as your the only person responsible for your income success & future 

Simple rule of thumb for you.

If it's a new customer you've not visited before then it's a first clean 

A follow up visit is a maintenance clean 

Don't beat yourself up mate but note in a diary what's what so you don't undercut yourself time and time again

Skipped the back because off massive conservatory and windows where full off algae 
Hopefully this is a lesson learned about quoting , the big green conservatory should have been picked up at this stage and explained to the customer that the first clean will be xxx as it’s so dirty , then a regular 4 weekly clean will be xxx , unfortunately we all drop clangers now and again but learn from this and make sure you look at everything properly, I would have done the job to a high standard and just written it off as a learning curve , I think not doing the back looks very unprofessional if it was my house I would be livid that the front was done and not the back I would have sacked you instantly ???? each to there own I suppose.

I can't understand why people especially when starting out don't go and look at the job and quote in person.

You can get a feel for the customer and know properly what you are looking at and quoting.

if I ask someone for a quote and they can't even be bothered to look at the job in person it comes across as lazy and they don't get the work.

you should of visited  the property before pricing it up...if you cant be bothered to go and look at the job before giving a price or finish the job when you start cleaning it you wont last long in this game (or become successful as a window cleaner)......

i would of completed the job,got paid and put it down to experience.....ive never once not got paid for a first clean in 28 years of window cleaning

Back