Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Noob in Oz

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Albawinclean

I'm starting on my own soon. I have had some experience cleaning windows in other jobs I've worked but the people I have worked with in the past taught me nothing and or didn't think there was anything to teach ie slap the soap on the window and squeegee off. Those jobs were usually for big site maintenance companies. Learning a lot from reading the forum, get to practice my trad skills at my current job and some of the YouTube guys have great videos which help a lot .

Would be great to hear some advice from some of the Aussies on here. Got my abn and I've got a few trad tools to start, business cards and flyers ready for canvassing and fb page waiting to upload some photos etc and I am going to be using my car not a ute or van to get to jobs at the beginning. I got a few quotes for public liability insurance and was wondering what most people pay. I was quoted about $65 a month. Is that a good price or is there insurance companies that cater for windies and cleaners that are a bit cheaper?

Any feedback would be great. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

View attachment 8636

.We are near Bathurst N.S.W
@H MAN. Sorry, off topic. Why do you fellows reverse into your street parking spots up where you live? Its seems a good idea for safety that your car boots are always closest to the pavement. Is it law?

We were on our way to Bathurst a couple of years ago and stopped off in this little town called Blayney. See how the cars are all reversed in.

This was a good coffee shop and whilst we were there an old bloke came with a white hat and cleaned the windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 12249
@H MAN. Sorry, off topic. Why do you fellows reverse into your street parking spots up where you live? Its seems a good idea for safety that your car boots are always closest to the pavement. Is it law?

We were on our way to Bathurst a couple of years ago and stopped off in this little town called Blayney. See how the cars are all reversed in.

This was a good coffee shop and whilst we were there an old bloke came with a white hat and cleaned the windows.
That sort of parking isn't standard in Australia, I've only seen it in some NSW towns. I'm pretty sure its so when your driving off you can safely see the traffic coming from your right whereas if your backing out its hard to see anything coming, especially if the car next to you is a big car or has the windows tinted dark.

That sort of parking isn't standard in Australia, I've only seen it in some NSW towns. I'm pretty sure its so when your driving off you can safely see the traffic coming from your right whereas if your backing out its hard to see anything coming, especially if the car next to you is a big car or has the windows tinted dark.
That's an interesting thought. We reverse our vans into a side street as its much safer to exit.

This being an country town they have wider streets as you can see in the picture.And yes it is easier to exit .

OH by the way not that old:eek::rolleyes::rofl:/emoticons/biggrin.png:D

As your quote says.

The older I get the better I was
/emoticons/smile.png :thumbsup:
Sorry! I should have written, a young bloke with a white hat. :hiding:

Back