Don't Laugh. Ok, Laugh A Litte Bit.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Joseph, Apr 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Joseph

Joseph Newcomer

Afternoon All.
    I'm in the process of thinking about starting window cleaning, I've had long chats about it with 3 of my friends who it works well for but I'm not rushing into anything.

My current thought process is starting out with traditional because of the start up costs.
    and, here comes the killer...I can't drive but I sure as heck can cycle and that's how I want to get around my round.

I've had a little peek through the forums and it seems like a few of you wouldn't mind trying the bike thing out.
    I live in a large housing estate next to an even bigger housing estate with plenty of cycle paths around.

At the moment, this is all I have in mind for carrying my gear/sandwiches:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221052729516?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

So, without laughing, how would you go down this route? Mostly though, how would you bypass the ladder thing? What are my options?

Thanks in advance all.

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Gonna move to Introductions but welcome aboard mate.

I'm not laughing at all mate it's a good idea if you can generate a compact round, on the ladder front maybe use a small 2.5m triple aluminium ladder and rig a bracket on the little trailer there and have the ladder coming up over you.

3. Joseph

Joseph Newcomer

Thanks Dodger. (and for moving this, realised I made a boo boo just as I clicked post)

I just came across someone on here (Can't find it now...) who had a nice little trolley system w/a reach and wash (I think) pole. It cost him about £160. If anyone can find that link for me again, and tell me what they think about that for me...?

4. Joseph

Joseph Newcomer

Here it is...: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHr1qGFbtFk&feature=youtu.be

5. TobySampson

TobySampson Well-Known Member

Welcome!

My dad use to cycle with the ladder on his shoulder as you would normally... Simple

6. Joseph

Joseph Newcomer

Did he die in a horrific cycling accident whilst holding a ladder...?

7. mark m

mark m Hero

8. Posh

Posh Hero

Greetings

9. Window Cleaner

Window Cleaner Active Member

i was speaking to a window cleaner couple of years back a older guy bout late 50's had been window cleaning for years and doesn't drive he said he has a ladder on each estate that he works on (im assuming at 1 of his customers house) and he said he cycles to that estate uses the ladder thats there then puts it back when finished and does this for each area he works in.

10. Joseph

Joseph Newcomer

Yeh, one of my window cleaning buddies mentioned that as well. Seems a bit cheeky to me to be honest. =)

Advertisement