Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Fibredyne Prefilters By Pentek.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alex i have found the problem!!! Its not faulty after all!!! There was a black seal wedged down in between the filter, must have happend where it was made, had the normal 2 seals top and buttom but one was wedged down the middle of the filter!! Problem sorted!! I have emailed you not to send a replacement now as the filter now works perfectly. The black seal that was stuck down the shaft was stopping the flow! Managed to get it out so all is working fine now! Many Thanks

I can now report a pressure gain of about 10psi most definitely a pressure gain now! Problem sorted!!

Hi TM74

Did you purchase these filters from Gardiner Pole Systems?

Is it being used on mains water?

If so we would like this filter returned for the manufacturer to see. I have already forward the contents of this forum post to Pentek's main agent in the UK for their comments. I am sure that they will want to examine the filter in detail.

Pentek has invested many millions of pounds in developing these filters so would be very concerned about such an issue.

Please give our office a call on 01726 66400 and they will arrange SAE to be sent to you for its return.
Hi Alex, yes I did buy from Gardiner pole systems, I will post the filter back to you.
It was being used on mains water, yes. around 60-90ppm depending which way the wind blows on a particular day if this is informative for pentek too.

Hi Alex, yes I did buy from Gardiner pole systems, I will post the filter back to you.

It was being used on mains water, yes. around 60-90ppm depending which way the wind blows on a particular day if this is informative for pentek too.
When it arrives back I will have a look.
Their technical chap has emailed me back and said that one possible cause is due to the very efficient sediment micron rating of 0.5um these filters. It may be that your water supply has a high sediment concentration (muddy water) which could cause the filter to have clogged. The reason that this may not have happened on the previous set-up could be due to the sediment filter only being a 10 micron version. Basically this means that more mud would get through to your RO. A possible solution in this situation is to have a separate 10 micron sediment filter as the first stage to catch all of the larger muck in the water before everything else.

It will be good for the team to be able to take a look at your filter to see if they can ascertain the cause.

When it arrives back I will have a look.

Their technical chap has emailed me back and said that one possible cause is due to the very efficient sediment micron rating of 0.5um these filters. It may be that your water supply has a high sediment concentration (muddy water) which could cause the filter to have clogged. The reason that this may not have happened on the previous set-up could be due to the sediment filter only being a 10 micron version. Basically this means that more mud would get through to your RO. A possible solution in this situation is to have a separate 10 micron sediment filter as the first stage to catch all of the larger muck in the water before everything else.

It will be good for the team to be able to take a look at your filter to see if they can ascertain the cause.
Great, i`ll post it out on Monday, I was thinking it might be because of the lower rating in particle size, the 10 micron which i previously used always went a very dark brown so must be "muddy water". But for the cost I didn`t mind changing these on a regular basis.

Back