Dont want to upset other window cleaners

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by cwill83247, Sep 20, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cwill83247

cwill83247 Newcomer

Hi,

I am considering setting myself up as a windows cleaner , but would appreciate your thoughts/ help

How do I ensure not on someone elses patch -so to speak - dont want to go upsetting another window cleaner ?

What is the season for Window Cleaners - do you work all year round ?

What else do you do if not window cleaning ? Is gutter cleaning the winter task ?

Thanks - would really appreciate any help

Chris

Advertisement
  2. hi, i work all year round weather permitting. You can work anywhere you want the way isee it cocacola was the first company to sell cocacola does that mean pepsi don't have a right to sell cola in the same town............. of course they do thats business. Don't under cut your compe***ors offer a better service

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Agree with colin

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Most customers are loyal to their window cleaner so I wouldn't worry too much about stepping on toes,I work all year round

5. cwill83247

cwill83247 Newcomer

thanks all - I am not the type of guy who intentionally wants to step on peoples toes , just want to build a good honest business

6. TripleC

TripleC Guest

There's a lot of glass out there. Think of it this way, once you're established, do you think another new company would have second thoughts about stepping on your toes?

7. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

If anyone is funny with you for being on "Their patch" just tell them your an undercover detective disquised as a window cleaner!!

8. MPooley

MPooley Member

LOL :)

9. Window cleaning is not a difficult work. You can use some naturally tips. Make a great all-purpose window cleaner by combining 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap or detergent, and 2 cups of water in a spray bottle. Shake to blend and spray on your windows!

10. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Agree with Colin,

I used to save gutter cleaning jobs for wet days - and have a bit of a push after their leaves have fallen, but now more established I just stick to the windows.

Advertisement