Door Knocking.

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by JDMW, Jan 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JDMW

JDMW Guru

Im desperate for door knocking to be successful but i cant seem to master it!. i went out this evening in my village and knocked doors of people i knew as everyone knows everyone and not one person said yes :angry: SOOOOOO im willing to pay someone to come with me for a few hours in the week to knock doors. im also willing to pay you £5 per customer you get me lol :lol:

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Sounds like you have same prob as me I live in a village with 6 cleaners covering it they run it like a club people have had same cleaners for years it's like an unwritten law they stick with em loyalty I suppose may just have to try a little further mate if an areas sewn up it will take persistence to get in prob have to buy in

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

just seems every place i go to there windows are cleaned and theres no dirt on them. if i come across homes with the odd bit of algae in the sills i pop a leaflet in and i sometimes knock but its a no go. ive covered almost everywhere within 15 miles of my home. looks like my only option is to get someone to come with me and pay them to knock and talk the lingo OR pay for advertising at 80 odd quid a month.

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Or find another job .

If you cant pick up a single job within 15 miles of your house theres something wrong somewhere .

5. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i get jobs but i have to spend mass amounts of cash on advertising to get anything. theres so many cleaners who have been going 15-20 yrs and they get all the work

6. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Used to work for a firm in Banbury can see the attraction for lots of competition up northwest I've been looking upto 42 miles away for start up chances I need a good healthy start to pay the misses what she's used to couldn't get going locally would be too slow plan to make. A bit by travelling with the aim of building my way backwards to my area

7. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i work in banbury area lol lots of polish undercutting you

8. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Blooming heck things have changed a bit since I was there last 12 years + used to feel like a poor relation visiting them days

9. JDMW

JDMW Guru

hahaha its dog eat dog here now. i know a bloke who started up car washing and no one was interested. 6 months later polish started it and done it loads cheaper and it took off

10. silversurfer

silversurfer Active Member

There taking over :(

Advertisement