dot n dab

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Dec 23, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

ever heard that expression, ? Dot n dab

its new to me, i came across a windie and his sidekick and he said to me "im doin a bit of dot n dab , are you doin the same?"

i dunno what you mean

"dot n dab, surely you know what i mean ?"

no, never heard of it ,whats it mean ?

"dot n dab , its where you go to work ,do 1 or 2 houses and then go home again "

seems hes a dot n dab merchant . i then told him we are in town all day doin a load of houses then goin home. he insisted on shakin my hand then said "i really want to be like you ,organized , ,,,, can i stand and watch you "

at that point i pretended id got to nip round the back of a house to ask my helpers summat . "no problem, i will wait here for you... so i can watch "

happy days!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Dot n dab is a plastering term but never heard about it in window cleaning. Sounds like a bit of a newb wanting to watch you.

3. Damo

Damo Guru

Yeah plastering term that.

I thought he was gonna say he was spot cleaning on domestic for a minute. :rofl::rofl:

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I thought it meant dot applicator on dirt spot and dab microfibre on it instead of cleaning properly

5. shazzy692002

Was that in Felixstowe?

I see a windy out side cardinal court a few weeks back. there hose was knee high along the path, so I had to step over them as there was 2.....I was not working just visiting a old customer, and mentioned it to them, they said they will sort in a minute, I got around the corner and heard them slag me off haha....I should have took a photo and threatened the bistards.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You should have chinned one of them Shaz
    Girl power

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

this was in colchester [red ford connect van]

what van/car were the ones driving that you saw Shazzy? describe them a bit pls

8. Alien Human

what plonkers.......you can't have a fookin hose at knee height on a pathway!

Could close-line a small person.....

9. shazzy692002

Youngish lads, late 20s. dirty dirty plain white van. both wfp, doing house next to cardinal court on princess road.

Had WINDOW CLEANER on back of top. Which I am assuming they stole idea from me haha. x

10. shazzy692002

I thought I was being polite letting them know. haha. next time I will fall over it haha. x

Advertisement