Down My Way Sussex

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kriss, Nov 13, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kriss

kriss Member

Hello as im new to this game but did have my own round in 1999, just wanna try and find out a few things before i jump in check this lot out http://www.weclean-group.co.uk/ is this some kind of click going on, when i done this gig ages ago there was no such thing going on it was each to there own every punter was fair game but we used to stick to our own patches, and another thing was i used fairy now you seem to use other stuff, i think i need a bit of guidance in 2012.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Theres still loads of chaps use fairy mate but plenty use other stuff, I use ecover personally. As for patches I don't believe in them and nor do many others, we get work where we can.

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Use what ever you want, try all the different stuff and see what works for you.

4. kriss

kriss Member

Thanks alot for that, when i done it last i just made enough out of doing windows inside and out no it seems you have to do everything facias clear guttering how this game has changed, here this popped up must be a scam me thinks http://www.cleancohomes.co.uk/BUYFRjoin.php seems as though they want some kind of fee, this what i found in my research into the courier sameday most of that was a scam 15yrs out the game and the and its changed full tilt, i,m thinkin i will do the same as you, dodger mostly trad with a walk around unit and see how i go.

5. harunh

harunh Legend

u can work were u like mate

no 1 is stopping u :)

6. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

You can make enough out of just cleaning windows if that's what you want. I only clean windows and earn a good living.

Some people choose to do other things too (driveways, carpets etc) but that's entirely up to you.

If you want to just clean windows then all you need to do is find enough customers to keep you happy. And there's plenty out there!

7. harunh

harunh Legend

im only 100% windows etc :) my adds on are solar panels,conservatories, fascias & soffits etc :)

theirs enough money to be made out of window cleaning :)

I find carpet cleaning and driveway cleaning a right headache :p id rather keep it simple and just be a 100% window cleaner :p lol

so im sticking to the windows :)

8. kriss

kriss Member

Yep thats about my limit as well me thinks, are you a full on wfp or half and half i,m thinking i will do it half and half and see how i go on just need to get a smaller van with out loads of miles on like i keep seeing,

9. harunh

harunh Legend

im 100% wfp :) if u want to be big and make the most out of your window cleanin busienss then wfp is the way forward :) it enables you to take on a good large amount of work that can not be done with ladders.

if i wasnt wfp.... i would lose over 50% of my work because a lot of my work is over 2 storey.

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

H if you weren't 100% wfp you'd lose all of your work cos ya won't buy a squeegee!

Advertisement