Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Long?

Forgot to take before pics sorry but it was all filthy and plastic was discoloured too. Not to mention fence paint all over the frames & glass on both back and side of the house /emoticons/sad.png

its hard to say when theres no before pic

5 fecking hours /emoticons/sad.png

Mind you I did have 3 tea breaks as it was bitterly cold today /emoticons/biggrin.png

Forgot to take before pics sorry but it was all filthy and plastic was discoloured too. Not to mention fence paint all over the frames & glass on both back and side of the house /emoticons/sad.png
How did you clean it???
I can get all the green off, but I can never get the disclouring(yellow) off, and paint, must be there ages getting paint off!

Presprayed ubik on the conservatory roof first, let dwell then scrubed and rinsed with hot pure.

Used a microlite stand-off & lader for parts I could not reach from the ground.

Back upper,house sides and front window frames & glass the same as above.

Hand scubbed all the side frames & guttering first with ubik then used cream/ solvent cleaner to remove paint etc on plastic to get it back to looking white again.

Paint splater etc on the glass was removed with a metal bladed scraper.

Front door I hand detailed to remove marks and filth then rinsed with hot pure & dried with cloth

Not to mention I used a lot of elbow grease to get it looking the best I could.

What a bloody nightmare that one was /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'd have thought 4 hrs, so with 3 breaks that's about right. I start doing these jobs with gusto then get fed up after a few hrs, but when its done and you've got a happy customer and a pocket full of money the world seems like a happier place /emoticons/smile.png

Never tried it myself as thought it takes the top layer of plastic off so I might **** a job up using it.

Was designed to clean areas before welding plastic frames together was it not?

i reckon it would take u 4-5 hours to do it properly and not rush at all

take your time and ull get more faster the more u clean.... its like cleaning windows i was slow but now am super fast and im st ill improving and improving /emoticons/smile.png

Back