Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cement in groves

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Donal

I have to quote for post construction work. Its massive 260 large windows (that includes inside)

I did work for them before and got paid no problem, and there is another two Jobs , bigger than this one, within the next year.

So I want this. Here is the problem.

They did not tape the frames, they used that plastic sheet, that covers the frames and the glass.

Of course, the plastic sheet is badly ripped in half the windows and as a result, there is cement in the groves. (please see photo)

Now assuming hot water does not soften the cement, what is the best (if there is one) solution to get the cement out? Something that would work quickly, as typical builders they want me in and out of the Job asap.

Any help would be great thanks.

would WD40 do it?

View attachment 4414

Last edited:
your a brave windy taking on that sort of work donal..but does sound like a good earner..

all I can think of is magic sponges..:Dbut...they dont last very long expect a lot of snow...

or a screwdriver tip

hello

bad job n some fucka else will do it

yes I done em n yes traddy off a ladder

used to sub for redrow,persimmons n bovis a few year ago,b4 building went tits up

plenty of water n liquid

soak them

I used a hard plastic sealant tool or a screwdriver n cloth to scribe out

take it easy not to dig in or mark glass

easy done n a bad day strait away

hope this helps as most windys would run on this hahahaaaaaaaaa

I have to quote for post construction work. Its massive 260 large windows (that includes inside)I did work for them before and got paid no problem, and there is another two Jobs , bigger than this one, within the next year.

So I want this. Here is the problem.

They did not tape the frames, they used that plastic sheet, that covers the frames and the glass.

Of course, the plastic sheet is badly ripped in half the windows and as a result, there is cement in the groves. (please see photo)

Now assuming hot water does not soften the cement, what is the best (if there is one) solution to get the cement out? Something that would work quickly, as typical builders they want me in and out of the Job asap.

Any help would be great thanks.

would WD40 do it?
Hi Donald,

Hope you got sorted.. I'm new to the game and wonder if you could help me

I've been asked to quote for a job very very similar to yours, 200+ windows inside and out, I havnt a clue where to start with the quote which makes me think forget about it but then we all need to start somewhere.. Should I price per hour or per window and what roughly should I charge for each window. I'm in northern ireland

Cheers

Pete

I first saw how bad they were to see how long it would take me. I then added 2 more days. Better to finish early than late also covers anything I might not have foreseen. So it depends how much you want a day plus expenses by the amount of days it's going to take you.

Builders always want them done quick. Do not let them pressure you if you think X days stick with that.

Hi Donal,

thanks for your reply, unfortunately I am giving this one a miss. Too big a job for me. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how long it would take to do each one and I would probably make the mistake of pricing too low and losing loads of money on it. Will try and get something smaller to start with and take it from there.

Cheers,

Pete

Back