Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dried tree sap — can't remove

Ryan316

Evening all,

Had a conservatory roof clean recently and the roof is under a large tree. There was lots of dried sap sticking to the roof and I couldn't remove it for the life of me — usually a coat of Virosol makes conny roofs easy after leaving it on for 5-10 mins but after 3 applications and endless scrubbing/rinsing with WFP a lot of it still remained. Any ideas how I can get this off? I'd try hypo but I don't want to stain the frames of the conservatory and we can't scrape it off as that would mean climbing on the glass.

Cheers,

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-08 at 17.50.58 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-08 at 17.50.58 (1).jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-08 at 17.50.58.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-08 at 17.50.58.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 8
What type of tree is it from ?? Pines are very sticky and if baked by the sun almost go like a resin , I would spray with virosol mix and carefully scrape with a scraper preferably one with a plastic blade , check first that it’s not self cleaning glass, then scrub and rinse hot water will help soften and remove it if you have that option .

I did a first clean last year they hadn't been touched for a year or more two veluxs on an extension were covered in sap from a field maple tree despite loads of tfr and scrubbing I had to apologise to the customer as I couldn't shift it all, I had to buy https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-water-through-pad-holder-1-pad.html and go back and sort it out it made easy work of it I did spray the pad with a tfr mix as well and stopped the flow of water a bit whilst scrubbing.

Back