Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder Clamps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

The thread has gone on mine. I'm toying with getting the Rhino Safe Clamps http://www.rhinosafeclamp.co.uk they cost about £45. Anyone use/recommend them?

Or I could get the spin down type for £16.50 delivered from Midland Ladders http://www.midlandladders.com/products/Ladder_Clamps-279-25.html

What would you get? I'm thinking spin down as I read a review on Amazon that said they were dangerous http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B004OSDXYY/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got the rhino ones there are great they lock down good and saves A bit of time getting ladders on and off

I've not tried them but am happy with the normal ones that takes hardly anytime to put on and take off.

I've not tried the rhino ones either. But like smurf said the normal ones don't take long to take off. Keep them well oiled and they spin very quick. Plus I think with the thread u know they ain't gonna move.

Strange, I ordered some step ladders and came within 3 days. Just ordered the spin down clamps from them. Good price of £16.50 with padlocks and free delivery.

They came. The person who delivered them put them round the back of the flats but never left me a note to tell me. Been there since Wednesday lol

You must live in a safe place. The scrap men would have had em away here. I nearly had my guttervac nicked last Saturday. Came round the front of a house and some eastern European was sniffing about. The cheeky b@st@rd asked if my poles and vac were scrap! I told him where to bloody go!

I fancy a set of those rhino clamps, but at £45 they are a bit pricey for me. I just have some spindowns at the moment and they are fine. I always have a spray can of 3in 1 oil in my van so I can give them a blast whenever they need it- makes it all a lot quicker.

ive heard rhino clamps as they age spring loose, as they clamp down bypulling a spring loaded lever or something?

i got the other type you posted and have had them two years now, as soon as you get them rub the threads with grease, my stepdad bought exactly the same set at the same time and his are all rusty now!

also dump some oil in the little padlocks!

one final thing is the hook on the clamp over time bends as its stretched and ive overtightened a few times but you just knock it back into a hook shape!

Someone has had there weatabix to bend the hooks on them like that :eek:

I would distroy the stiles on my ladders before the ones I use would bend...

I went off ladder clamps for a few years because I easily bent them tightening but the different shaped ones I bought from BPS are much stronger it seems.

Someone has had there weatabix to bend the hooks on them like that :eek:I would distroy the stiles on my ladders before the ones I use would bend...
lol, i think it may have been because they where cheap ebay jobbies but came with locks and all for £10 delivered lol, still going strong though two years later, would definately buy anouther set.

Back