Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Size Pole? Advice

Dont know why I struggle with this, but just dont seem to grasp what size pole id use for this work. Maybe just cus ive not been doing it long and the guy I work with usually brings the equipment?

As a rule what max size would you think to get to top floor?

i have a 32ft pole and that just about gets all the windows i have a four story block of flats, but i would go a bit bigger just in case the floor is lower at some points

as a rule its roughly 10ft per floor.

Think you'd be ok at 30 foot. Assume 8 feet per ceiling level, unless it's an old Victorian place. 4 8's are 32 or they were when I went to school, you don't need to reach as high as the top ceiling, and you have about 5 foot of reach.

So 40ft should do it. Been looking @ 45ft Ionic pole which would easily do it... but quite a cost difference between 40 & 45ft poles, so guess the 40 footer would do it.....

I hope this helps as this is what i do

most floors to ceiling 8ft then you have joist 6-9 "plus chipboard etc or concrete or screed so call it 1 ft so each floor works out approx 9 ft so i would say the top of the building inc parripet wall is aapprox 40 ft so a 35ft would easy do the job .

So 40ft should do it. Been looking @ 45ft Ionic pole which would easily do it... but quite a cost difference between 40 & 45ft poles, so guess the 40 footer would do it.....

yer that will be fine, its amazing the cost jump in them!

I got a slx25 which is 30ft..

And i sometimes truggle to clean those top windows on the roof ( the small windows ) Its like cleaning solar panels

I got a smax 40 though.. hardly used it /emoticons/smile.png

Waitig for that big commercial job to come in /emoticons/tongue.png

unrelated but what is the score on here under members profile pics...... just seen i got 1 (neutral) which i guess is something to do with me being new on here??

Its reputation /emoticons/smile.png If u make a post and and people click the red arrow on the far right that means you will go down 1 point if they give u a thumbs up ( green arrow up) That means your score will go up by 1 /emoticons/smile.png

Hope this helps /emoticons/tongue.png lol

Oh nice one..... so....so far 1 person like my comment! well, its a start! Will try and move up in the rankings in the coming months.... hopefully i can give some good advice for folks. Im dead passionate about helping people. I set up my business 4 yrs ago after being in pretty high pressure jobs. Learnt a lot from previous work which ive now brought into cleaning. Work about 18hrs a day 7 days a week but im getting there, so if I can help other out great!

I'll probably be asking lots of questions as new to us doing window cleaning, We've had the work for a long time but ive not really been involved with it. We;ve had other poeple looking after it, Im now kitting out a van and putting me in it, so its going to be a big learning curve. Spending as much time as poss at the moment doing WFP work to get me up to speed. Want to be good enough to confidently do it on my own when new works comes in, which i will be shortly.

I spent a lot of time in sales, selling to other companies so i find it really easy to win new work as im used to dealing with that side of things. But i am a grafter too, which customers love.

Oh nice one..... so....so far 1 person like my comment! well, its a start! Will try and move up in the rankings in the coming months.... hopefully i can give some good advice for folks. Im dead passionate about helping people. I set up my business 4 yrs ago after being in pretty high pressure jobs. Learnt a lot from previous work which ive now brought into cleaning. Work about 18hrs a day 7 days a week but im getting there, so if I can help other out great!

I'll probably be asking lots of questions as new to us doing window cleaning, We've had the work for a long time but ive not really been involved with it. We;ve had other poeple looking after it, Im now kitting out a van and putting me in it, so its going to be a big learning curve. Spending as much time as poss at the moment doing WFP work to get me up to speed. Want to be good enough to confidently do it on my own when new works comes in, which i will be shortly.

I spent a lot of time in sales, selling to other companies so i find it really easy to win new work as im used to dealing with that side of things. But i am a grafter too, which customers love.

18 hours a day 7 days a week ? your not a man !

Your a MACHINE ! ! ! LOL

You msut be very busy mate ? /emoticons/tongue.png u just do window cleaning ? or do u have an add on service ?

Just posted above before i saw your reply...... but will do an intro...... might be an interesting read or boring!! But will deffo do it.
Dont worry anything will interest me mate /emoticons/tongue.png

Thanks lol

i never stop working..... but not all grafting, I do everything at the moment. HR/Marketing/accounts/paroll/payslips the lot. Up early in the mornings..... out all day.... back for tea......see the kids for a bit and put them to bed..... then back on laptop to do invoicing or schedules etc.... Currently looking to take someone on who can lighten the load..... hard to find good people though.

Everyone keeps saying.... but there are so many people lookig for work. Yeah there are..... and most people dont want to actually work for a living.....

Was up early this morning and by 8:30 id already had one cleaner call in sick (to be expected after any big event ie closing ceremony last night!!) so that means on top of everything i already got on i have to divert to Rotherham to cover.

Staff....... nightmare!

18 hours a day 7 days a week ? your not a man !

Your a MACHINE ! ! ! LOL

You msut be very busy mate ? /emoticons/tongue.png u just do window cleaning ? or do u have an add on service ?
40% Commercial Cleaning 40% Domestic Cleaning 20% Window Cleaning......

Going forward looking to go nearer 60% Windows.....

Offices / Block of flats / peoples houses / windows.

We got in with a big FM company last yr, was great for a year but they have you by the balls constantly. When they say jump.... you jump.... but they dish out unbelievable amounts of work as usually they dont have people in the same city that can help them.

Best job they ever gave me was £270 to vac 3 corridoors! Just because they didnt have a cleaner on site. Best bit was i turned up... and had to get a key of THEIR site manager. He could have gone and done it in 10mins..... but his opinion was .... im not a cleaner!! site was in Wakfield and i drove there from Sheffield for a 10minute Vac and earned more in 10mins than the site manager prob earned in the week.

He was trying to tell me how he had a cushy life cus he sat in a cabbin all day eating.... I thought no mate..... thats why you a fat smelly tw@t!

Back