dropped

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Doo, Jan 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

Had a custy the other day pay me three cleans money then say to me can you leave them for a couple of months till the weather gets better, I said that's not really the way it works as I have bills to pay in the winter too, I said to them I would leave it a couple of months I have no intention of doing it again and when they ask for another clean will tell them I only do regular customers. I pick up work all the time on this round.
    I've only been in business a year but remember the advice I got on here and from a website window cleaning coach don't take any **** from anyone, drop messers and bad payers, train the customers don't let them train you. I get on really well with my customers and have great banter with most, but this site has helped me with certain situations I might have struggled to cope with had I not had access to it in the early part of my career. So thanks too all the great posters on here and a guy called shinetime who put up the window cleaning coach site.

Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

wise words Doo
    me to my business has went from strength to strength thanks to this forum and its members

3. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

Great words Mate. I totally agree.. This Forum is a fountain of knowledge!... Long live us Window Cleaners!!!

4. norm

norm Grand Master

yeah good place to share, learn,gripe and a bit of craic:D

5. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

if you have no intention of returning whats the point in agreeing just to let them down at the end as that's destined to get you a bad reputation......and in this game reputation is what matters as thers a lot of cowboys out there cleaning windows, i do agree with you about bills need to be paid same as everyone elses do, when i have people ask me do you work all year my reply is ofcourse my bills need paying in winter aswel summer but to lead them on just to let them down seems ludicrous to me. theirs a lot of windys out there and on here who take pride in the fact that they dont take no **** off anyone but in my opinoin to make a successful business its not about how much **** you dont take its about how much **** you can take and keep going....... by all means if somesones a bad payer dont work for them but for some to say upfront can you leave me for few months during winter doesnt make them a bad payer or a messer.

6. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I take your point , you'll notice at the start of my op I said they paid me 3 months money that's a bad payer in my book, I have only cleaned this custy since Sept and I also think saying for me to leave it a couple of months is messing me about hence why I'll mess them about, as I have already said I have a good rapport with nearly all my customers and I think this Messer will not ruin my reputation as I do a decent job and am always pleasant to the customers, I will also be pleasant when I tell this Messer I can't do their Windows.

7. Midlands_Cleaners

Midlands_Cleaners Active Member

fair enough each to their own but this drop it attitude will only get you so far ...... its all good have a good rapport with many customers cuz thats the aim of the game at the end of the day but after 9 years cleaning windows what iv learned is it take many jobs to earn a good reputation and only one to lose it so id be careful

8. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice thats why this site is so good, and I do understand where you are coming from but I know my customers and the area and this will not damage me one bit.

9. Posh

Posh Hero

If a customer asks me to leave it over winter I just say yeah ok no problem. Your probably get behind anyway so you may be looking at maybe 1 clean at the most 2. I still get to clean them 6 or 7 times a year so I can't see a problem. I don't believe in saying you've got to have them done coz I got bills to pay. They have the choice. That customer could lead to others. If I'm snowed under they just wait & I get there when I can but I still keep them. Bad payers well that's a different matter.

10. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I feel if you start to miss cleaning even one house during the winter because the customer doesn't want the cleaned because of the weather you are leaving yourself wide open to others wanting the same anyway I clean in the west coast of Scotland bad weather is never far away.

Advertisement