Dropping keys off to estate agents!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Kennygggkent, Aug 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Kennygggkent

Kennygggkent Transparent Window Cleaning

I don't know if this has been mentioned before......
    I've just completed a job for a customer which I have done once before. It's 10 big Velux's in a rented top floor flat. The last time I did the job she made me collect the keys and then wait 20 mins for an agent to pick them up after. For this reason when she asked me to do the job again I specifically said that unless she was there or the agent to meet me then I'll have to pass because as I said "dealing with the estate agents was hard work last time". So this time she gets them to meet me down there and then she says I'll have to drop them back! what? sorry? come again? Guys, are we couriers, is this standard behaviour? I explained that we had talked about this, but she still managed to talk me into dropping them of somewhere else. I'm sat here with them ATM wondering whether to put my foot down. After all time is money and it'll take me 30 mins to drop them off!
    Experience, thoughts please?

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Yeah, no problem luv, that will be an extra £20 on the bill though. You happy with that?

They pay for my time Kennygggkent , if they want to give me £20 to deliver keys then happy days.

Other wise the deal is pop the keys in the letter box when i'm done.

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I would have just said look I'll drop them off at the end of the day

4. Nigel rees

Nigel rees Newcomer

I was given keys once to do repair work in what I thought was a empty property, only to find a naked girl upstairs the lady who gave me keys didn't know her daughter had bunked off school.
    I now shout before entering any property.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

5. Kennygggkent

I was thinking I might get a firm reply from you Green, Yeah the whole time i was thinking that should be my policy from now on, truthfully if she asks me to do that specific job again i'll tell her to do one. It's just sod laws because i thought i was covering all the bases by telling her to get them to meet me down there. Need to learn to puff my chest up a bit more. Gona say £10 each way to collect and deliver from now on.

6. Kennygggkent

I've got no problem letting myself in with keys dropped off to me especially if there's a nice eye full on the cards:specs:). It's just the cheek of asking to deliver them afterwards and to annoying estate agents. Maybe I wouldn't mind if it was a fairly big job.

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

not worth the while doing it tbh enough work out there

8. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

If the agents or clients are giving you a lot of work or its a good earner sometimes there is no harm in being a bit flexible.
    If the job is the only job you do for them and it's taking up a lot of your time then charge them for the hassle.

Estate agents are the worst for charging people so put in a high price if it's become agro.

9. Adam curtis

Adam curtis Member

I had the same thing last month had to go pick the keys up then drop them off all for a small one bed 5 Windows then they moned when I give them a bill for £40 I just told them that's my hourly rate she said it dident take u an hour to clean them I just said I had to drop what I was doing drive to town go do the job and then drop keys off and get back to work and they still haven't paid saying I'm roping them off I've seen what they charge people who don't get them done before they move as standard they change £50 just moning cause they won't make so much

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

10. Kennygggkent

Yeah it was actually £50 but with dropping the key off it was 2.30 mins work in total but it's more about the principle for me. The cheeky rich landlord is taking advantage the way I see it.

Advertisement