Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

having now used my new LYTES elt230 for a fortnight or so [that replaced my previous exact same model that were getting tired] iv a few things to report. theyre made a little different. for starters they are heavier , noticeably so. my workers dont like this
one plus however is that the stiles are perfectly smooth ,whereas previous model had a thin raised line running the full length of the stile,this could catch your fingers and cut .

another minor downer is that the yellow information warning sticker on the ladder stiles [with correct angle etc] has poor glue. one has already come off, im going to have to get it reglued back on , without it in place i might be liable
Well I was very tempted to get the 3.5m double A ladder with those articulated rubber feet, but think I will stick with clows and spikes. I like the idea of the A ladder, but i think you are putting yourself at more risk.

As for clows I like them because they seem less bulky than the lytes. But mainly because of the run spacing. On the new lytes, the runs hit my knee cap dead on. Whereas with the clows, they just sit underneath on the soft part of my knee cap. It's a small detail but one I notice when working all day.

Back