Early finish for me then....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ant, Jul 31, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ant

Ant Well-Known Member

The part timer's ladder slipped on him while on tops! The ladder was on grass which he said he'd dug in but still it slipped. Down he came, gashed shin, swollen ankle and big old bump on the head.

Off to A&E we go!

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Ouch..hope he's ok
    Get a wfp..best thing i did
    2 weeks without ladders now except for conservatories

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I shake around like a leaf when on ladders, i dont know how windys can use them day in day out, seems such a dangerous thing to do lol

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You get used to it after a while..do a few velux on a townhouse roof and suddenly normal houses seem safe lol

5. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Im scared of heights though, i literally freeze and go all shaky, i would never have considered window cleaning if it wasnt for the wfp

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Mums boyfriend was a roofer so i was doing that at weekends and school holidays so had no fear when i started windows

7. Alien Human

Hope he's ok :)

8. Ant

Ant Well-Known Member

Thanks for your concern for him lads :thumbsup: I'm glad to say that he'll live! Butterfly stitches for the shin as the gash was more wide than deep + being on the shin bone, slight ankle sprain and no concussion from head bump. He's a lucky boy!
    Tbh I wouldn't notice if his nut was affected from the bump cos he's such an oddity anyway :p

Seriously though, scared the hell out of me!
    Can't really afford a wfp system right now daveyboy but it's on my mind for the future. I think I'd still trad the bottoms though as I would miss blading.

9. **** man. How can a ladder slide on grass? I put one foot on and it digs in 4"?

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

When I put a ladder on grass and stand on it, it takes me about 5mins to yank it back out again!

Ladders never bothered me, which is one reason I don't like them, I think you should feel afraid otherwise bad things happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement