Earnings

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by moonpig, Dec 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. moonpig

moonpig Active Member

Hey guys im new hear but been cleaning for the last 5 years wfp in the south west. How much do people tend to earn or charge for a days work. Ive had some big jobs in the past that I have under priced my self on big time because I didn't think they would go for it or thought that I was cheeky asking for that much I.E. Big gutter jobs that take a hole day to do. On the window cleaning side of things I tend to earn between £150-£200 a day starting at 9 and finished by around 2-3 most days. But gutter jobs i dont like asking for more than £150 but some are really big and take a hard days graft and I wouldn't be finished untill say like 4. What do you guys charge/ earn?
    Thanks moonpig

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best ask fred maybe:rolleyes:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or frank

4. cheapncheerful

fred and frank dont earn a lot as they are based up here in the north where things are a bit tighter....but ...they are learning....then maybe they wouldnt rush around like an idiot and fall head over heels on their backside tangled up in hose and trolley....well the grass was slippy...:D

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

At least you sorry I mean them did not break anything today :D

6. Clearview Lee

Clearview Lee Well-Known Member

Maybe I can help!

I got asked if I do gutters from a franchise firm selling cars. I'd never done them before, but something in me just said yeah, I do! It was only 'cos it was for a large motoring company that I couldn't pass it by.

Anyway, the PA said "this is what the other firm we use are doing it for, if you can match it, you can do it!"
    I took a look at the paper quote in her hand and it read £1,600 for 5 properties!!! I just took one look, and said "Sure, I can probably do it a bit cheaper too!" I ended up knocking £200 off for them, and I do it every year, and give the PA £50 cash every year for contacting head office for me to do each year. The work takes me under 2 days to do with the travelling. One of them takes me 20mins, another half hour max. The other 3 about 2 hours.

I'd never have quoted that price myself, so it's become my end of year Brucie Bonus! :) I wish I could get more of them.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If a job takes all day you want a whole days pay for it
    Extra for awkwardness/safety issues
    Extra for commercial as they write it off on tax
    Don't sell yourself short as you have to look after number 1
    If anything quote high
    If you get the job underpriced you won't be happy doing it and spending a whole day on a job regretting it is not a good feeling

8. Clearview Lee

Exactly. This is where I've stumbled so many times.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If someone says you've got it if you can match another price then why drop it a further £200?... Thats just crazy if you ask to me :confused:

10. Clearview Lee

Yeah, I totally understand you there, Bud, and if I think about it too long it'll do me nut in! :) I've been cleaning for them for over 10 years now, but just being the person I am, and grateful for all the work they've given me, I thought (in that moment) I'd do them a favour for the favour, if you catch my drift. That's just me. But in business terms, I can see that's a big fail!!!! :)))

Advertisement