Easy quoting system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Kennygggkent, Jan 10, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Kennygggkent

Kennygggkent Transparent Window Cleaning

Hello Chaps,

I've decided to start using a 1,2,3 system for quoting. basically if they are utterly filthy, I mean green frames and cills, yellow sticky spider webs in the corners haven't been done in a couple of years ect, I call it a 3, that is £3 a window. If they are quite dirty like 4 months worth, then 2=£2 and if they have been done recently and just need a maintenance clean then a 1=£1 but never going below £10 for a one off clean no matter how many windows.

Of course that system only incorporates the dirtiness of the windows and not things like access or hazards, for which you would have to adjust accordingly, but using this as a basis down here in the SW I think is quite accurate.

What do ya thinks guys?

Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I think most of these formulas are useful for quoting massive jobs but just over complicate things on domestic

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

' a window ' can be so variable

4. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

What's the coffee like? Will there be biscuits? Do you need to add 'dread' tax? You know the jobs you just dread going to?
    In all seriousness, your formula is pretty much bang on for me.
    Is there dog poo too?

5. DanielT

DanielT Active Member

I've started adding £2 for climbing a gate

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

6. Alien Human

Like your thinking behind the formula :)

Personally I decide how long I think the job will take and multiply that amount by my hourly rate.

In fact, there are a lot of similarities between the two ways of pricing......

7. Kennygggkent

Good point, I should have mentioned that 1 window in my quoting view is max a meter squared. So I go off that.

8. TolishAPurd

Whatever works for you, you'll soon find out if it works. Personally I think as a trade we need to get away from the pound per window pricing. £1 is too cheap IMO- 1.20-1.50 should be more like it, but like Loz says above, windows can be very different, and like SPCsays, access issues and the like need to come in to the equation to form a good quote.

9. Kennygggkent

Hey Tolish, is that a caddy you got there? looks like a lwb, I've been thinking of getting one when me kangoo is past it.

10. TolishAPurd

Hi kenny, yes its the Caddy Maxi, solid van, I would reccomend it.Although for WFP I'm not sure it has the highest payload.

Advertisement