Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Tap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDMW

ok heres the thing, i have a tap that clamps to the water pipe and you have ya ro unit pipe coming from it ( see pic below )

i wanna move this from my bathroom pipe as its taking up room and connect it to my main supply where it turns off the water but put it above the tap encase i get leaks. would this be safe to drill a hole in my wall and poke the ro pipe out and send it to my shed where i have a rain water tank?? id put a ro tap in the water supply to stop the frost ice freezing my main water supply. would these pipes handle sub zero temps all the time??

8503651191_37347a0550_z.jpg

Yes will be fine. What I would do is, on the outside I would feed that pipe through the inside of a hose pipe and then you can use some foam pipe lagging round that to help it from freezing!

It is perfectly OK to run this 1/4" RO tubing through a wall and outside. This tubing is very tough, however you will need to protect it from two things:

1. Freezing - if there is water in the tubing and it freezes it can split this tubing.

2. UV light - if this tubing is exposed to UV light for a long time (years) it will break down the plastic which can lead to it simply cracking.

For these reasons it would be best to put pipe insulation on any tubing running outside.

Back