Ebay nosiness!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by badbusdriver, Mar 21, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Just being a bit nosey here folks and wondering what kind of stuff you all have been searching for, or buying, on ebay. The more interesting, or unusual, the better!.

I will start the ball rolling, the last thing i bought on ebay was an old car magazine. I remembered reading a particular article which really struck a chord with me the 1st time round (sad, i know!). I knew that it was 'car' magazine, but only had a rough idea when it was. It took a bit of searching to find the right one (turned out to be april 1990), but i found it!.

Last thing i searched for was old russian watches, which i have a bit of a thing for(!). I think they are kinda cool, very retro, and best of all, in most cases, cheap!.

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

The first thing I ever bought off EBay was my first car, the last thing I bought was a bottle of Ecover for 20p :)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jh1sqn

3. Paul

Paul Guest

I often buy Dc comics like green lantern, a bit of a spoter when it comes to old comics but love collecting them.

Think I have about 700 up to now lol spoter

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

I brought a battery for a laptop cost me $20 instead of 80 if I brought direct from Toshiba and a leather cover for a tablet

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Your making me feel very old James!, i bought my 1st car in 1989! (the year i passed my test). What kind was it?, and was it any good?!.[hr]
    You have to be wary, but there is no doubt there are some spectacular bargains to be had!.
    My youngest son got a kindle at xmas and he had been on at me to get him one of those covers with a built in light. He showed me one he liked on amazon, but i decided to look on ebay and got one exactly the same for a third of the price!.

6. simon

simon Guru

i got a very realistic michael myers mask for my lad last halloween & he hid it in his bag & wore it to school - he's 11 & still at primary at a catholic school in scotland, his mum wasn't happy me & him laughed for a week

7. Posh

Posh Hero

First thing- 4 vw campervan key rings.
    Last thing- Nintendo ds for girlfriends daughters birthday. Bought a thunder cats t-shirt once. Still got it and yes I'm a bit mad on vw camper vans.

8. Paul

Paul Guest

My old boss spent his full pension on a split screen camper, people go crazy for VW

9. Posh

Posh Hero

I've got t-shirts books DVDs picture canvases. Go to a few shows. Would love to own one but so bloody expensive. Split screens are the best and the dearest.

10. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Youre not wrong there Paulrods, was looking at one just now in a classic car magazine, a 1964 camper, a fiver short of £50k!. Oh so cool though!. [hr]
    Sorry, i meant posh, doh! :)

Advertisement