Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nosey neighbours

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ECS Windows

Rolled up to a house I've been doing 2-weekly for a couple of months and the old girl next door comes out all friendly. "Are you here to do the weeds?". When I told her I was her neighbour's windie, her whole attitude changed. "I don't believe you". As I'm wfp just figured she was taking the **** and carried on setting up. Next minute she's barking at her other neighbour and demanding I tell her where 'mark is'. Nutjobs lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had a daft old bat come walking over the road last week. "Don't come to me I don't want mine cleaned." She's not a customer of mine and I had no intention of going over and cleaning her windows :confused:

I had someone stop me in the street and say they owed me £12 for cleaning theirs just a few doors away. The house I was cleaning was my only house on the road. Took his money. Lunch on him!!

I had someone stop me in the street and say they owed me £12 for cleaning theirs just a few doors away. The house I was cleaning was my only house on the road. Took his money. Lunch on him!!
Haha I had that when canvassing. One mention of window cleaning and a tenner was being waved in my face. In hindsight, I prob should have taken it!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I mentioned on here about a customer of mine who got beaten, tortured and robbed last year. On the day that happened, I'd pulled on the drive, only to be surrounded by police and told me to stay away as they was checking for prints etc.

The son came out and told me what had happened, I gave my sympathies and drove over to the neighbour opposite.

This particular customer, I cannot stand. She's always gossiping and running people down. Anyway, she'd obviously seen me over the road, which was swarming with old bill, so came flying out the door, virtually ran to my van and said 'do you know what's going on over there?'

'yes' I replied

'well?' She said

'yes, very, thankyou for asking'. I'm thriving in this now.

'what happened?' She insisted

'im not allowed to say' I said

her face was purple now. 'the police have told me not to tell the neighbours as apparently there are people who gossip around here' I enjoyed saying.

She buggered off back indoors with the hump. Nosey old bint

Back