Ecover Vinegar Mix With Aroma!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by james44, Oct 6, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

Ok thought i would start a new topic on the ecover!

When i first posted on the forums about ecover for cleaning windows my original mix that i posted was ecover/vinegar mix!

Now a few have said they dont see much difference to other liquids well this could be because they are not using it as to how i posted it, they are just using ecover without the vinegar!

Now peeps have said the vinegar was to strong a smell so have just been using the ecover? hence why they are not seeing the full benefit over other liquids

Well just using ecover on its own is only have of the original mix that i posted, the vinegar makes it a very good trad cleaner along with the ecover!

So as peeps can get the full benefit of the ecover/vinegar mix without the smell of vinegar i have been using (zoflora)( link at the bottom) added to the mix this kills the vinegar smell and replaces it with a lavender aroma! (you can get different aroma`s) that is the one i use,

Now on the box it says to dilute it, we dont do this as we are not making up distinfectant! instead just add a few drops to you bucket until vinegar smell is gone and has been replaced with a lovely aroma!

This is a good mix for when you are doing inside customers homes as well as when you are finished

you leave the customers house with a soft aroma about the place!

http://www.concordextra.com/product/1588/Household/ZOFLORA+CONCENTRATED+DISINFECTANT/

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Been using vinegar in mine since day 1 and to be honest the smell isn't bad, I put just enough in so I can only just smell it and vinegar as anyone knows is actually very good at deodorising and you can't smell it once it dries so not sure I'd go adding anything else but good tip for some I suppose.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

or just use the lemon ecover or the grapefruit one! does the same thing!

4. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

No it doesn`t,

5. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Hmm, dont you have to do more detailing, how does this effect the windows.

I know am not saying this right.

But what am trying to say is, does it smear, or smear less etc

I heard it makes the windows shinier?

Which vinegar do you use white or brown?

How much do you use say for 10 litres?

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Personally I think if the smell of your vinegar is too strong you're putting too much in.

7. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

I use Lemon and Aloe Vera on its own, really good, ive never ever used vinegar so am quite entriqued

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

It does give a little extra shine G ya just have to put in a tiny bit, about a cap full per litre does it but the smell is strong at that. 5 caps per 10 litres ought to do it with no smell at all.

white/distilled by the way.

9. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

i think so, plus you dont have to worry about the chemicals you add to the mix, some people have allergies against some chemicals.

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Once you've got the amount of vinegar right you can hardly smell it, mixed with the ecover aroma it's fairly pleasant anyway (my customers have commented) and as I said deodorises very well all by itself.

Advertisement