Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alternative To Backpack **** Advice Please?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Consistent failure of speed controller, nothing else involved, back packs are dry underneath and never leak water, it is solely down to the cheap parts used, they come with Chinese writing on them and sometimes barely finished, I still have a couple lying round if you'd like to see them?! I am a masters degree qualified engineer and have been responsible for OEE for a large multinational blue chip chemical plant, the last seven years of my "cards in" employment were based process improvement and re-engineering design faults in custom built chemical plants.

i have had 3 controllers from wcw for my backpack, replaced while under waranty, peace of mind., could be worse , they could only give a 6 month waranty. this is why i bought from wcw. i will be getting a 22 litre bb soon . hopefully recieve the good aftersales support i recieved.

ts1 cleaning middlesbrough.

remember my discount wcw lol

same speed controllers on ebay around £6, i think looking at them they are the same.

That's interesting to hear it's a more common fault than ppl think it is and guess that what happens when you buy cheaply made china imported products :Image16:

Eclipse I know someone who has managed to resolve the issue after going through a few and has had no problems ever since. When I next see her will ask what she did and let you know.

That's interesting to hear it's a more common fault than ppl think it is and guess that what happens when you buy cheaply made china imported products :Image16:
I've got 3 close friends who have the same issues as myself but don't frequent forums/internet.

As they are designed and sold as a backpack sprayer for infrequent use I think that is where the problem lies myself.

That's why when they are sold on as wfp backpacks instead at a large mark-up may I add they are not fit for purpose for everyday use. Simples :Image3:

I'm registered on there, have just enquired about the price, if it's right I'll import them myself and sell them cheap enough to turn a small profit.

Maybe a spare could be included wit each order?

Anyway, back on topic; I'm gonna have a play with an old wireless switch I bought monks ago.

We have them specially made to our spec which you won't be able to buy to the UK and they cost a lot more than $28 I can assure you! There are a few other factors to consider (shipping, taxes, duty, etc) They also make the Gardiners one.

With respect I know suppliers have to make a profit but just goes to show how cheaply made they are. The components that are used are surely not going to last very long especially when used for wfp work every day?

That's one of the main reason when I was looking at getting into wfp work a few years back I did not go for a backpack and went for a dearer type trolley setup instead as was fitted with reliable components that you find in any decent van mount type system. Simples...

They may well cost a little bit more with shipping and duty, no where near the £120 they are being sold for though, and I'll wager the only "made to our spec" bit is the branding!

I'm just quoting the unit price I've been told by the supplier, the $28 is for the bigboy one too! The older WCW style one is down to $16 per unit.

Well blow me down with a feather :Image13:

Current exchange rate for a big boy backpack works out at £17.45 per unit :Image4:

Back