Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ecover washing up liquid

nearlyclean

Been using Unger window cleaning liquid and now coming to end of my last 5L,was thinking of using Ecover washing up liquid instead of going back to fairy.Supermarket does a bottle for £1.50 and their ethos fits in with mine. :)

Anyone else use it ?

Not yet, I use fairy but did have some unger stuff given to me. Either it was off or just utter rubbish had smears all the time with it. Find fairy very good but not got much to compare with.

I mix the unger with purified water and gives a smearless finish not really any good on greasy windows on it own,don't use much now and just need something convenient and easy to get.

I buy Ecover in the supermarket,but I would like to buy in bulk,I know you can buy TFR in 5L containers from Gardiner

I use pure water in a spray bottle and add a little all purpose cleaner to get rid of grease and micro fibre cloth or scrim works really well

Been using Unger window cleaning liquid and now coming to end of my last 5L,was thinking of using Ecover washing up liquid instead of going back to fairy.Supermarket does a bottle for £1.50 and their ethos fits in with mine. :D

Anyone else use it ?
Tried it, didn't get on with it - back on the unger liquid now.

All personal choice though - would get a bottle and try it for yourself.

Thanks for the input Flipfast,I will try but I do like Unger liquid works really well with soft water.

The Flipfast adaptor is great,such a simple thing but makes such a big difference to being able to get the brush flat on the window.

Hard water has more mineral deposits and the harder the water or higher TDS level more it becomes like dirty water whereas softer water or low TDS is easier to clean with and I find any detergents will mix well and clean windows.

Take a bottle of distilled water it will clean better than tap water just for example.

Ecover is pretty good, nice slip and eco friendly kind of expensive though I find. For combination tools it's good because it doesn't foam up and leave suddy lines, depends if you like bubbles or not I prefer soapy soap like fairy experiment like a teenager and find out what works best for you.

Back