Ecover washing up liquid

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by nearlyclean, Apr 27, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

Been using Unger window cleaning liquid and now coming to end of my last 5L,was thinking of using Ecover washing up liquid instead of going back to fairy.Supermarket does a bottle for £1.50 and their ethos fits in with mine.:)
    Anyone else use it ?

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Not yet, I use fairy but did have some unger stuff given to me. Either it was off or just utter rubbish had smears all the time with it. Find fairy very good but not got much to compare with.

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

I mix the unger with purified water and gives a smearless finish not really any good on greasy windows on it own,don't use much now and just need something convenient and easy to get.

4. alfynokes

alfynokes Guest

Stopped using fairy this year. Gigantic leap of faith here. Converted to gg4 The pros outweigh the cons for me, especially on old and leaded glass, equipment and washing machine wear. Washing up liquid's a lot easier to get though. But I'd like to know how ecover compares to fairy as there's too much lanolin in fairy for me.

5. I have not used this product yet, but have heard a lot about it. A local newspaper's "green" columnist has it on her list of recommended eco friendly cleaners. I've only seen it in small household sized bottles, does Ecover sell in bulk for WC businesses?

6. greenclean

greenclean Guest

not that i'm aware of. ecover can be bought online often with 3 for the price of 2 deals so worth having a look out for them and then stocking up.

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

I buy Ecover in the supermarket,but I would like to buy in bulk,I know you can buy TFR in 5L containers from Gardiner

8. greenclean

greenclean Guest

have you tried places like biggreensmile?

9. nearlyclean

Supplier

http://www.biggreensmile.com/products/ecover-window-glass-cleaner/ewindow.aspx?productid=ewindow
    http://www.biggreensmile.com/products/ecover-washing-up-liquid-with-lemon-aloe-vera-5l/ewashla5l.aspx?productid=ewashla5l
    Looks good might have to order these

10. greenclean

greenclean Guest

i wouldn't bother with their window and glass cleaner. we use one that comes to approx 40p per bottle and does a better job.

Advertisement