Elbow joints!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Clearview Lee, Mar 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Clearview Lee

Clearview Lee Well-Known Member

Is anyone else experiencing elbow joint problems??

Mine seems to be feeling arthritic or some kind of rheumatism going on. I really feel it most when I've been using the pole at 30+ft, and after the rinsing stage where the pole is used for leverage and puts pressure on the arm/elbow joint.

I'm sure I'm not alone here. Anyone use a brace??

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. Alien Human

My shoulders can sometimes give it some but that tends to be due to technique e.g bit standing far enough back.

Haven't had elbow joints yet but I recently went to see an osteopath who worked wonders on the joints & muscles in my hip. She said it's vert common at this time of year for cold and wet in get 'into our bones' and cause some discomfort.

Just give surgery or a local osteopath a cal in the morning bud.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I am suffering with sciatica down the whole length of my leg and was only doing windows wfp on friday
    Nothing else could have triggered it off

I have had sore elbows though
    Usually when it is cold
    It is easy to get tennis/golfers elbow symptoms from stick waggling
    Try stretching before your days work
    Plenty of simple stretches online to avoid that

4. TolishAPurd

As with anything repetitive, you need to nip it in the bud early or it can get worse. Change the way you work for a week of two, or just take a holiday.

5. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Tennis elbow or something matey, I have had and what helped was the elbow supports you can get it just a bandage, just put on whilst your working, got used to it, took a while to get over but feels like growing pains if you remember what that was like, support is the way forward

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

6. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I've had tennis elbow as a direct result of WFP work. It lasted 12 months and was very painful at times.
    I would advise you to asses how you hold your pole, you may be surprised at how much you over-grip- which seems a natural thing to do for most users. Really lighten up on the grip and you may find some improvement.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I had golfers elbow (the inside rather than outside edge of your elbow joint) and it was all down to over extending my arm with cold stiff muscles
    Stretches daily was part of my physio for weeks
    They really do help

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

i feel pain all down my left arm most days and can go over to chest not painful but just a nagging pain
    i,m sure dropping weekend work would help, but unfortunatly i,m a greedy **** and canny let igo:rofl:

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

sure the supports would help ive got knee supports where them every day have done for about three years know

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have a support (wrap around strap with velcro) for rugby which is designed for elbow support but it goes on the forearm about an inch below the elbow
    You pull it tight and it supports the muscles which get damaged
    They are the best ones to use

Advertisement