Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

first one in.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Had a customer ask me today if I'll be around before Xmas. Because I get around roughly every 6 weeks, I said probably, but if not, very shortly after.

Well in that case, he says, you better take this now just in case, and hands over £20 Xmas tip! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Anyone out there had one yet, and what's your biggest single tip?

I had a customer give me a £35 tip last year, going to make sure I get to her on time :thumbsup:

None for me yet but I'm (mainly) four weekly so everyone's got at least one more clean before Christmas. I'll be buying and writing the Christmas cards soon. I did well for tips last year so hopefully this year will be even better.

I average around £400 but have noticed this year a lot of mine that gave tips last year haven't this year.

Think it's down bacs paying

No face to face collecting cash so they don't feel obliged to give you one.

That's my excuse anyway

I average around £400 but have noticed this year a lot of mine that gave tips last year haven't this year.

That's my excuse anyway

I don't really see many to get a tip. there all mostly bacs or not in so don't really speak to many. no collecting so no opportunity there either.

That's my excuse anyway
Blimey, you've put a downer on it posh. You've made me realise I probably wont get as much this year as I too have quite few customers who now pay by bacs /emoticons/sad.png

Blimey, you've put a downer on it posh. You've made me realise I probably wont get as much this year as I too have quite few customers who now pay by bacs /emoticons/sad.png
Same here. I've had a massive push to get people paying online this last year so tips might be down /emoticons/sad.png

u guys are for geting the benifets of a wc speaking to are custmers means xmass tips affars as and when cups of t biskets a good old chin wag its the life of a wc dont change its not worth itG-)>/emoticons/smile.png:wasntme::lipssealed:

u guys are for geting the benifets of a wc speaking to are custmers means xmass tips affars as and when cups of t biskets a good old chin wag its the life of a wc dont change its not worth itG-)>/emoticons/smile.png:wasntme::lipssealed:
Good point Mr. Tench. I always make the effort for a little chat, then pretend I'm interested in their garden and tell them their dog is gorgeous etc.

I want them to know me as Steve, not the window cleaner.

Anyone trying to undercut me, the customers trust and like me so saving a few quid doesn't bother them /emoticons/smile.png

Back