Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

poll how many have bought a wagtail and use it?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wagtail

• not got one

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • thinking about getting one

• got one use it regulary

• got one hardly ever use it/ dont use it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

jambo113

as it says just wondering how many people regulary use a wagtail or is it just a gimmick we all buy and try

Never used one.

I've cleaned a lot of windows in ten years, yet I've always managed without a wagtail.

May need one for a job I'm wanting, but that is an extreme job.

Always coped without.

i use it for trad jobs on an unger pole but its taken a lot of practice especially the pole work asbfor detailing i fix a scrim with an elastic band and it works fine no complaints so far theres some good videos on youtube by wagga he seems to be the expert on the wagtail also dogearring is very helpfull to eliminate detailing now im not at that stage yet hopefully il get there someday

sorry i forgot to mention h man who also seems very big into the wagtail

ive seen waggas vids thats why i bought one but a ettore backflip seems to be better but as for normal use cant get on with them if every one uses them on a pole why dont they make a pole designed for it and some sort of gadget for detailing

true i have an unger vice versa and found it **** for pole work the unger pole is compatiable with the wagtail

i suppose if ure trad only it helps for the really awkward ones above canopys and such a ****/ mediocre clean is better than just leaving it

Has anyone used the dog earring thing?

Scrimming is a nuisance! On bathroom and frosted glass after soaping the window I would wipe top and sides with my micro sill cloth from pound land ( just like scrimming ) then blade off... Leaves nothing on edges, just need to wipe bottom with the mirco..

I just use a unger trad pole, and straight and angled unger squeegee, with a cloth on and unger clamp.

I can fan a window no problem, with the straight squeegee the same way they do it with a wag tail, just loosen the nut so the head swivels and away you go, does take a bit of practice though.

Has anyone used the dog earring thing?
I tried it and I know I'm still pretty new at the game but didn't like it, there was too much drag for me. Could be my s**t technique though.

I might add though that it wasn't on a wagtail it was an Unger S.

My wagtail is worth its weight in gold,.. there is no better tool for high internal windows. Its easy to use, very very quick to use and gives a great finish every time. I have a job with 25' high internals (a supermarket lobby) that would take an hour and a half to do off ladders, and it takes 35 mins with a wagtail. /emoticons/smile.png

it sounds like some people love it i need to keep practasing then wagga just makes it look so easy

Back