Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price of Job help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Need a bit of help in pricing a driveway.. it's 190m squared and he would like the weeds out of in between the block pavers. How many bags of sand would this take and also does the hypo kill the weeds? What sort of price would yous give also?

i Wouldn't bother hypo unless it needs it defo all that hypo costs money and that eats in your profit money say £550 would take me a day to pressure wash that area and then say another half day re sanding hard to judge sand but just buy enough it will allways keep for other times i would guess you may need 10 bags of sand cost about 3.20 a bag here

for 190m I would have charged around £500 earlier this year. I have so much work at the moment £700 would be closer to the mark.

Both including re-sanding.

To get the weeds out you MUST have a turbo nozzle else it will take you 3 times longer than it should. I personally go over block paving with a FSC first with 15degree nozzles in it. That generally removes the majority of the weeds.

Re-sanding I would turn up with 10-12 bags of sand to be on the safe side. You can always return the un-used ones or use them on the next job that needs re-sanding.

I quoted £250 for just a pressure wash on paver blocks for an area of 100m squared....no sanding as tested by client....she nearly fainted when I give her the price.....
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
I ended up getting it for 300, he was quoted 330 by a firm who does pressure washing, I didn't mind what I done it for to an extent as it's more of a learning curve for me this job, planning to sand it on Friday then that's me. They are the sort of customers who always pay extra anyway so they will probably give me extra anyway. I'll post pics up soon

Why would you have not quoted the same £500 you would have earlier this year and just put them in the next possible spot in the diary?
Short answer: Because I would get paid £200 extra for the same work.

Long answer: Confidence is a wonderful thing. Because I have more the work I can charge higher prices with confidence know I only want the work not need it.

I have increased my prices since the beginning of the year with zero impact on the percentage of quotes accepted. This is a permanent price rise not just because I am busy however the fact I am busy gave the the confidence to do so.

Latest Posts

Back