Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many of you user Android devices?

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
I am tempted to start an Android forum! Yes i know there are quite a few very big ones but as an avid Android fan myself and of course a forum lover i am tempted to start one.

I was wondering how many of you use Android what forums you already use and if you would be interested in helping me get the conversation going on a new Android forum?

For those interested.

I was toying with the idea of having it more of a social network site http://www.ultimateandroid.co.uk/ have been looking at this software which is pretty good. Not set it up properly yet just threw a few bits on it to test things.

You can login with

[email protected]

demo123

I was thinking of using this instead of forum software but am not sure yet. Some prefer forums some prefer social. Was just thinking about how it could be a bit different to other big Android sites out there. Don't think there is a dedicated Android social network out there yet! ;)

With everyone and his dog (literally) on social media sites. I thought this might be a way to differentiate the new site. Also i would presume most android users that are looking for an android forum or community online would be more likely to be tech savy anyway so the social option would be a good idea.

It does still have a forum know as topics feature. Go have a play and let me know what you think In the "what do you think" group on the site.

It might also be a bit easier to get this looking more active as the news feed part pulls in stuff from all over the site etc and is quick and easy to post things. The hardest part of forums especially in the early days is getting content and when you have a forum with few sections and few posts in each it turns new visitors off.

Anyway like i said the site is not properly set up yet just threw it up to give an idea. Its mobile friendly as well.

View attachment 4266

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it will be a new forum separate from here. Just toying with the idea at the mo. Because there are many big ones out there, we would need a good amount of people to be on there posting and creating content etc to get it off the ground. As with this place in the early days initial content and active members was very important without that no one else will join or see the value.

If you need a mod for it let me know

I did offer for this forum but heard nothing back

Did you ah sorry! Yeah we have SP which is enough here for now.

I will keep that in mind if i set this up. Before that i need to know what sort of interest there will be as with only a couple of members posting it will be very hard to get it off the ground.

No worries just offering my services

I can be civillised and diplomatic when needed

I learnt that on the olympics job when i had to liase with locog every minute of the day when really you don't want to investigate where 1200 chairs have dissapeared to and would rather just tell them where to go lol

I don't use android for mobile devices so that's me out then thank god as I spend enough time on bloody forums already /emoticons/biggrin.png

Android is the way to go imo

That's why i am always showing as on as my phone is always on in my pocket

Android is the way to go imoThat's why i am always showing as on as my phone is always on in my pocket
Yep Android is definitely the way to go. Used android pretty much since it came out. Had one blip with Iphone that lasted about two weeks before i returned it!

Eeeugh iphone

Don't like them at all

Been samsung ever since s1

Had s1

S2

S3

Note 1

Note 2

S5

So far

I hate using mobile devices anyway for stuff on the net as me bloody fingers are so big and me eyesight is shot. What with me hand tremors and all I've got no bloody chance in doing anything as can take me half an hour just to send a text. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Eeeugh iphoneDon't like them at all

Been samsung ever since s1

Had s1

S2

S3

Note 1

Note 2

S5

So far
A proper Samsung fanboy then?! I have had a couple Samsung devices but never been overly keen because of crappy touchwiz. I had the S2 and note 3 now have the S6. What made me go back to Android is they finaly got rid of the plastic and toned down touchwiz.

me android. Be together not the same hehe /emoticons/smile.png
Ha ha love that moto. Might have to pinch that for the new site. Although i am sure Google has copy written it or something.

For those interested.

I was toying with the idea of having it more of a social network site http://www.ultimateandroid.co.uk/ have been looking at this software which is pretty good. Not set it up properly yet just threw a few bits on it to test things.

You can login with

[email protected]

demo123

I was thinking of using this instead of forum software but am not sure now. Some prefer forums some prefer social. Was just thinking about how it could be a bit different to other big Android sites out there. Don't think there is a dedicated Android social network out there yet! /emoticons/wink.png

With everyone and his dog (literally) on social media sites (oh apart from smurf). I thought this might be a way to differentiate the new site. It does still have a forum know as topics feature. Go have a play and let me know what you think In the "what do you think" group on the site. It might also be a bit easier to get this looking more active as the news feed part pulls in stuff from all over the site etc and is quick and easy to post things. The hardest part of forums especially in the early days is getting content and when you have a forum with few sections and few posts in each it turns new visitors off.

Anyway like i said the site is not properly set up yet just threw it up to give an idea. Its mobile friendly as well.

so @Gav is this a stand alone app that you yourself uploaded onto some server space yourself and have full control over or does it run from somewhere else that you have just created an account to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a stand alone software just like our forum software is. I get the software and run on my own servers, have full control over it and can edit it as i see fit.

I'm an android user but not sure I would have a lot to talk about on a forum, I'll chip in to help out though. I hate anything Iphone/pad related, can't stand the way apple try and rule your life and make you pay for everything. Android phone and sandisk sansa for my music.

android.jpg

Latest Posts

Back