Employee woes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Sep 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

dyou think this was a flippin cheek?

. was driving along in my van, 4 up in the van , and 1 of my lads take a phone call. it goes on for ages and i suddenly realize its somebody interviewing him for a new job somewhere.
    hes telling them "yes,i can start anytime"

what would you do in that situation?

Advertisement
  2. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

That is really taking the peesh. I would have been fuming. Didnt you have a word with him?. I cant see him being a committed member of your team boar....would be tempted to tell him to walk....though he may have done that already.

3. cheapncheerful

yep ...i would stop the van and say....on your way..cheeky lad...:)

4. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

I woule have asked him in private not in front of the others.IF he wants to change fine but not next day without some kind of notice.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i was gobsmacked , i still am. whoever it was speaking to him was talking about getting a visa so im thinkin its a job abroad,maybe its even a working holiday scam as they wanted him to pay by the sounds of it . id normally offer friendly advice but in this case will let him get in deep sh/t

6. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Has he told you that he is leaving boar. I would have been really annoyed plus it doesnt look good in front of the rest of your crew.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

he said nothing to me, it was as if i didnt exist. total disrespect
    i dont want to sack him on the spot just yet as we are working flat out at the minute, but i must put in hand getting his replacement.
    till then i will be making sure he does much more than his fair share of the work

8. shazzy692002

Such a lack of respect Boar, honesty is the best policy. If you ever need lads to help, I could get my son to ask his mates, they are all 16, and just left school. they are all in 6 form, as they have no choice anymore, but most don't go in 5 days a week.

9. TolishAPurd

That's really bad mate. I would talk to him to make sure you haven't got your wires crossed, but if that's what it was I would sack him off.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would have kicked him out the van
    Pity I'm so far away boar..I'd help you out (dont think you could afford me though):D

Advertisement