Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employees wage?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What state are you in and can you live comfortably off that? Here in the North East of England £10 an hour is simply not enough unless you work 60 hours plus a week. I only got into window cleaning to work for myself.
Well minimum wage is just enough to pay for the basics of life. When I have employed people I always made sure the could live decently on the wage I offered.

What state are you in and can you live comfortably off that? Here in the North East of England £10 an hour is simply not enough unless you work 60 hours plus a week. I only got into window cleaning to work for myself.
In 1995, probably before you were born ? we paid our unskilled labourers £5 an hour, time and a half for overtime, double for Sundays. So 27 years later, houses 4 times + the cost, rent god knows how much more, people are supposed to live on an hourly rate that we paid for working a Sunday.
All I would hope that is you're very succesful, you pay your staff a decent wage. I only currently sub contract my work out and pay the lad £120 for 6 hours in the NE and pay him £200 a day, plus pay all of his ex's, when he works away.

In 1995, probably before you were born ? we paid our unskilled labourers £5 an hour, time and a half for overtime, double for Sundays. So 27 years later, houses 4 times + the cost, rent god knows how much more, people are supposed to live on an hourly rate that we paid for working a Sunday.
All I would hope that is you're very succesful, you pay your staff a decent wage. I only currently sub contract my work out and pay the lad £120 for 6 hours in the NE and pay him £200 a day, plus pay all of his ex's, when he works away.
Part timer did you find it easy to get a subby to do your work saves the employment route ive sold work in the past and was trying this but no luck

We were lucky in the fact we started giving our add ons to a local lad and got very good feedback from customers. We only use him on the easy jobs, up to 3 floors and he only works when either myself or son is working.
He has his own window cleaning business as well but he hasn't got that many customers. I'm not certain he could do our work on our travels as his technique is not great so he has to work at 100mph to keep up. He can manage this at home but not working all day with a 35' pole.

Back