employing help

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Keir999, May 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

Im really busy and struggling to keep on top of my round atm. I have spoken to someone I know and agreed they work one day a week with me. He has no experience so i will have to train him on the job. I was thinking to start with letting him trad the bottom windows while I WFP the tops. Then getting a 2 person system set up, so we are both WFP. Anyone do this sort of thing ? Question is ... how much do I pay him ? He comes with nothing but a willing heart. So all equipment etc. and maintenance costs are my responsibility and also picking up the payments too. I was thinking 25% of whatever we earn to start with. Im not sure though. Am I being tight ? I could always increase this when he gets quicker and gains some experience. Any views or advice appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

id say let him do upstairs cos downstairs is the highest standard needed . i pay my lads an hourly rate that way they know exactly where they stand.

3. abs

abs Guru

Honestly you'll do the whole house to his 1 window doing it that way , I'd invest in a 2 man system from the start you'll get alot more done that way m8

4. Daniel Mc

Daniel Mc Member

I started with 25% for those that have worked with me, but that was trad up and down. Now the 2 chaps that work with me are up to 40% and that still gives me a very good wage. If you pay people by the hour they never feel part of the business and there is no incentive to try and work faster, if you pay a percentage there is an incentive to improve speed and it creates a vested interest in your business. Just make sure you have the right person! Hope you find something that works for you.

Advertisement