Employing workers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by harunh, Mar 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

A lot of people seem to be employing workers.... but the question is do you really need them lads? Cos when i start out... im not going to employ anyone untill i got to much work on my hands..... i will always go canvassing at 5-7pm :D but ill always clean windows from morning till evening if i have to !

Do you all just employ them to help you a bit ? Or do you leave them to it while you concentrate on other aspects of the business?

No offence but.... ive seen some window cleaners... paying their employees 40% of their income ? That is so stupid.... you should pay them like 40 pound a day... thats if their work 7 hours..... if they work 5 hours... just pay them 30 pound or 25 pound ?

If you owned a shop.... would you pay your employees 40% of your profit ? no you wouldnt so why do it with this ? you jsut put yourself out of pocket really.... just get a lad who wants to earn some money during the week for his weekend piss up... and he will put his head down once u pay him at the end of the week you wont see him for 3 days... he will be getting smashed... then hello again on monday morning

most window cleaners are just putting theirselfs out of pockets... and dont realise they just need to pay 5 pound per hour :) the money you save could pay for your bills etc :)

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

No offence mate but would you work for that, everyone deserves fair pay for hard days graft. I'll do every job myself until I have to get help (if ever) but if I earned someone 50 quid an hour and he gave me 5 I'd tell him to *******.

3. I think you need to start before dishing out advice on employing people. I think it's been said on here before cleaning windows is only a part of it. Not everyone on here has the same circumstances or goals. If you pay someone that little don't expect quality, loyalty or hard work. Sure there will be people that would accept that amount and still demonstrate the qualities above but those people are few and far between.
    Employing someone is investing in your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Totally agree, wish I'd put it like that now lol.

5. harunh

harunh Legend

Hmm true.... but pay them 8 pound an hour or something then.... but personally mate... i wouldnt pay people 40% of my income

6. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone who pays an employee 40% of income...so not sure who your on about to be honest. And not sure if your on about employing someone, or just sub-sontracting a lad for a day or two a week to help out?

I agree with the others very much. If you pay peanuts...you get monkeys!

I sometimes contract a guy or two for bigger jobs that I have. They're my friends, already experienced window cleaners and I pay them very well. But I use to have a lad with no experience, never done a day's work in his life & he was so slow I think I was quicker on my own...I used to pay him what he was worth. It was still a very good hourly rate for a school leaver.

Like others said, everyone is different, so bit of a strange post really.

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

whats made u come up with all this stuff mate lol

if people do pay thayer right hand man so to speak 40% thay will be top draw loyal good workers always in on time no messing and trust werthy

i worked for a guy last year i was on £50 a day for 8am till 4 personally i'm worth a lot more than this imo i'm hard working do a proper job and can be trusted with anything so much so i did 3 days on my own when his misses was bad and id only been with him 3-4 months at this stage i got more then

life is simple mate you pay for what you get and thats really how simple it is.

8. harunh

harunh Legend

cos i was on CIU ... some people pay 40% and one person said he pays 50% to his employee... so really his employee takes more home then him after a days work when you include costs and everything ect. Lol

9. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I don't believe that...no one in their right mind would split earnings 50/50 with an employee...what's the point in running the business???

They might pay them 50% of something...but it aint income.

10. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Advertisement