Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Size For Solar Panel Cleaning?

O

OoO

Hi, has anybody got any idea on what sort of size i should be looking at?

I am thinking to start off with an smax 50 giving about 55ft reach?

Or am i looking at a bigger pole........

Cheers.

when i've done them i just use my long ladders upto the gutters and use my normal wfp pole, i dont get asked often to do them but had interesting experiment a couple of months ago where he checked what the output was before and after cleaning!!!! there was bugger all difference :lol: but they weren't that dirty to be fair

Have you come across any that you cant reach, as i am sure 42ft will not be bigger enough on the customers who have asked me.

I have got a 30 odd foot extreme and that wasnt big enough.

Its down to the dam stupid architects again, and the stupid places the installers manage to put them up, the roof pitch and the drop of the Garden, some house may need a 70ft pole working from the neighbours garden. I am thinking of getting lite scaffolding for when the houses are close together.

most 2 storey houses it has been fine on so far that i have had' date='[/quote']Awesome that IS encouraging then.

I am tempted to buy a range finder, you can get em for say 20£ laser pointer bounces laser off object and back again. Would just need to get the angle right, as the beam might bounce of the panel into space then bounce of an orbiting satalite then say i need a 20 mile long pole /emoticons/biggrin.png

Awesome that IS encouraging then.
I am tempted to buy a range finder, you can get em for say 20£ laser pointer bounces laser off object and back again. Would just need to get the angle right, as the beam might bounce of the panel into space then bounce of an orbiting satalite then say i need a 20 mile long pole /emoticons/biggrin.png
i've used them inside when measuring for kitchens, not that good, can get diffrent measurements all the time! lol

A 47ft gardiner extreme is ideal. Long, with not a lot of bend. Not cheap, but a worth while investment.

Cleaning electricity producing panels with water is an excellent career choice and very forward thinking, as well as being a very green career!

Yeah been looking at the extreme 47ft.

Will see what interest I have for potential jobs.

Maybe if they paid a deposit, cheap clean, pays for pole /emoticons/wink.png

I am thinking of the extreme now anyway, as i can add to it.

I got a crafty idea anyways for it /emoticons/wink.png

I am thinking of the extreme now anyway, as i can add to it.
I got a crafty idea anyways for it /emoticons/wink.png
Are we allowed to hear what your crafty idea is? You gonna turn it into a mobile phone with decent corrective text?!

Latest Posts

Back