Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

End of year!

• Thread starter MyLittleCleaningCompany
  • Start date
M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

Anyone else doing the very boring mundane task of end of year paperwork! I suppose I'm writing this thread to distract me from it. :exclamation:

Do you do your own accounts?

No extra paper work for me, just the usual stuff, we have finished off with a good year, so I am happy with that, plenty in the pipeline for next year though, so onwards and upwards.

Best of luck to all those new starts out there who are now heading into there first full financial year, and everyone else too :).

getting ours done early this year. I know, every year we say that. but DEFINITELY gonna get it done this year! :dodgy:

this whole payment on account stuff has caught us out before, think we've had a good year, would rather know so we can either spend some of what saved, or save more.

we have an accountant, but still don't keep records up to date, so sooner get stuff together, better remember it!

I have once again done all the income/expenses nonsense but I'm never happy handing it to the accountant as always feel like I don't look after all my information the best way.

So yes i'll be sorting my paperwork this next couple of weeks but going to start the new financial year better than ever with every expense or profit written down.

We just organise that stuff as we go, with a little filing cabinet, I record all my sales and expenses as I go and file all the receipts away with each month. I watch sales and expenses like a hawk and compare it all the previous year so I know I am ahead of the games ;-)

Hey, can I just ask to clarify this. I started out window cleaning in september, so when do I need to be doing my tax return?

Thanks

if I'm correct (and if I'm not, I will be corrected pretty quickly!)

after April 5th,you will need to fill in self assessment. then you will probably have first bill to be paid 31st Jan the following year.

make sure you have registered with inland revenue within 3 months of starting up.

good luck, and try to keep on top of book keeping mate

if I'm correct (and if I'm not, I will be corrected pretty quickly!)

after April 5th,you will need to fill in self assessment. then you will probably have first bill to be paid 31st Jan the following year.

make sure you have registered with inland revenue within 3 months of starting up.

good luck, and try to keep on top of book keeping mate
Thanks man. If you're not correct, I hope someone can clarify lol

Latest Posts

Back