Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lost A Customer That Wasnt Happy !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I agree with you guys, I work in in IT support which is basically a service industry and I use the same for my windy customers. polite and always say thanks when they pay me.

I worked last night and just said sorry but the rain is messing all the window cleaners around and sorry but this is the only time I can catch up.

no complaints yet but I did have a customer a few months back that said dont come if its going to rain. Its worth chatting for a few minutes explaining but if they wont have any of it then just say ok thank you, which I have done to 2 customers so far, because they didnt like my WFP system, but as soon as I get home I email or text then saying thanks and if they ever want me to clean again then please call and add my website in - www.drewwindow.co.uk.

Its a good marketing ploy and one day they might say to a neighbour oh here’s the window cleaners website....

well i agree with h, if a customer is rude to me they get dropped there and then, and if a customer wants to cancel then thats fine, but they still owe for any cleans theyve had already, i dont expect to clean peoples windows for free. at the end of the day as an owner of a business it is completely your decision to stick to your principles, if it costs you a 5quid house then thats your choice, if it costs you there neighbours then move on to the next row, theres plenty of windows out there and one of the main reasons i became a self employed window cleaner/business owner, is because i dont have to answer to anyone but myself

Think it speaks for itself that 2 people take on stance and the majority the other.

Still each to their own.

Yep, I think you can get rid of the dross, if you so desire without resorting to throwing litter about etc. I've lost a few since going wfp, didn't like the windows being wet and so forth, but I can still say hello to them when we pass by, their money their choice, but if they ask me to clean their windows ever again, I won't and I'll tell them why, ie I know they don't like wfp and it's involvements and wouldn't be happy taking the money in such circumstances.

That said, you will get some who fall out with their own shadow and invent problems and arguments, can't do a lot with them!

dont get me wrong, im not advocating being rude or throwing litter about, but if a customer is rude, tears up your invoice and refuses to pay for a clean when you know a good job was done then i wouldnt be polite, nor would i say hello to them afterwards if i saw them while out and about. just my opinion tho

Sorry H I've got to agree with the others on this. I know it's hard to believe but even I had an unhappy customer once! This person wanted something completely above and beyond what we originally agreed on. To put it into perspective, this was the equivalent of giving someone a 10 minute window clean and then being told a month later that you were actually supposed to clean the entire house top to bottom. For the same price. Even though what you agreed upon is in writing! Madness.

Some people are absolute morons at times but this is human nature. If they've had a bad day, they'll take it out on you but you need to just take it on the chin. Your other customers know that you provide a good service but one unhappy customer could easily turn into one happy customer. Going back to the customer I mentioned above, I was able to turn the situation around and got a second load of work from her. I didn't use any kind of Jedi mind trick or sales guff - just good old fashioned customer service. I knew she was being an idiot and I'm sure even SHE knew it too but who's laughing now? Me.

It's tough at the top H! /emoticons/wink.png

H pal, get on the dog and bone to your contacts and get her sorted out!! Lol jus kidding

It's hard to know what to do in situations like this, just kiss their ass, did she have a nice ass? Lol, if they are just plain ignorant tell them to stick their money up their hole if it means that much to them.

Tho if I had been the customers, and you called back again I would have told you to get away to fork!

Back