Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beccy

Just signed up so thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm Beccy (no surprises there I guess!) and I recently aquired a small window cleaning round. I use mostly waterfed pole, based on a trailer, pulled by a pushbike and have a wee seat on the trailer for my little boy who comes with me to do the high street shop fronts on a Sunday.... So not quite your typical setup lol but it works well /emoticons/smile.png

We've survived the winter and I've grown the round a bit so far including one very big monthly job which was pretty daunting the first time, but fine now I know I quoted a sensible price /emoticons/wink.png

Looking forward to chatting with you all and pestering you for answers whenever things go wrong /emoticons/biggrin.png

Welcome to the forum Beccy :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great setup you've got there. I've always liked the idea of cycling the round, but at the moment I'm a bit too spreadout for it. Any questions just ask, its a nice bunch here.

Thanks guys, here's a wee pic of the setup. My round is fairly close to home but a few hills to keep me fit. Luckily I live at the higher end of town, so it's usually downhill with a full tank and uphill when empty, the water alone weighs more than me!

raqu5ate.jpg

Hi Beccy,

Welcome to the forum thats a neat set up youve got there, no skyving now the gaffer is watching from his cozy wee seat!!

Thanks guys, here's a wee pic of the setup. My round is fairly close to home but a few hills to keep me fit. Luckily I live at the higher end of town, so it's usually downhill with a full tank and uphill when empty, the water alone weighs more than me!
raqu5ate.jpg
Wow that looks fantastic Beccy, perhaps some sign writing at the back

Beccy & Son

Professional Window Cleaning

Service

hehe.... great pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome Beccy great to have another lady on here...great set up ...and lovely little boy...yes i have had my kids following me in the pushchair at times...as needs must..../emoticons/smile.png

Thanks all /emoticons/smile.png I do have signage on it now, that picture was taken before they arrived /emoticons/smile.png

Just looked at the pic again, great trailer, but and a big but, what could happen to your nipper if you got shunted by a car ie the tank /emoticons/sad.png

Just looked at the pic again, great trailer, but and a big but, what could happen to your nipper if you got shunted by a car ie the tank /emoticons/sad.png
Do you mean will the tank shift and squash him? It won't, there's none slip rubber under it, it's held down by a ratchet strap and in front of it there's door stops screwed down to the base. His feet don't dangle down between his seat and the tank anyway, and being a car seat, it's made of good strong plastic.

I'd be the main casualty in any shunt.... The base of the trailer is welded metal so pretty tough. The trailer would speed up suddenly and throw me off the bike way before anything else would give.

All in all it is, in my opinion, a good bit safer that either a child seat on the bike, or one of those wee trailers that are designed for folk take their kids out in. /emoticons/smile.png

i hope all car drivers give a wide berth to bikes as it is something i certainly do.....and i reckon everyone will slow down to wave.:thumbsup:...around here its horses or tractors around every bend..../emoticons/smile.png and a couple of flags blowing in the wind would give your lad something to watch...or a windmill....:rofl:

welcome beccy nce set up , im a lazy git so not for me lol but good on ya for doing some thing different :thumbsup:/emoticons/smile.png ps wat size tank is that?

i hope all car drivers give a wide berth to bikes as it is something i certainly do.....and i reckon everyone will slow down to wave.:thumbsup:...around here its horses or tractors around every bend..../emoticons/smile.png and a couple of flags blowing in the wind would give your lad something to watch...or a windmill....:rofl:
Flags and a windmill are a fab idea.... I already get some funny looks so why not!

We also quite often get our photo taken by tourists and my wee boy has been given cash tips before. I was contemplating giving him a cap to hold!

And yeah, I do spend most of any ride waving at locals /emoticons/smile.png the joys of a small town /emoticons/smile.png

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed while feeding the wee man /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back