Enjoy traditional cleaning more?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by davewindowcleaner, Nov 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I used wfp for many of my work but I do tend to find i enjoy window cleaning more the traditional way.

Especially smaller properties I feel safe going up the ladder.

Any of you feel the same?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nope :D

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Not in the slightest, I loves me WFP :)

4. cheapncheerful

er.....i love em both....equally....and both can be a pia as well...equally...:D

5. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I guess it might be because I am into fitness and I find doing trad all day feel like a good workout.

6. cheapncheerful

hey come on.....dont tell me wfp doesnt give you a good workout....i have done an hour and half most days this week and its nice for the stomach muscles...and with my pole...arm muscles.....its certainly the way to warm up for the day..

..trad does of course depend on just how fast you move but i find both give a good workout...especially...with a time factor involved like now as in...its going dark...

..and of course for a toy wfper like me...there is the constant running backwards and forwards to fill up.

.ahh i evolved a new plan today for next time....its called...dump the barrels in a custys garden...:D

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I love being up a ladder tradding
    More of an art than wfp
    Before you guys moan i don't mean wfp involves no skill but to trad well with hardly any detailing is a theraputic thought process that goes on in my head
    what size squeegee
    How to squeegee
    Etc etc

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  8. cheapncheerful

yep davewindowcleaner ...with my well known lazy gene...i would be dead without windowcleaning...i mean...i need the money and it keeps me alive what more could you want.....

i was somewhat amazed myself to just go straight back to work after two and a half weeks of eating cra p and sitting on the settee without moving other than my calls of nature and there i was straight back to work....cant believe this body of mine but i am happy it allows me to do this....one month to go and counting....

oh believe me daveyboy1 both are equal in the skill stakes...and i have a long way to go yet with wfp...but ...i can also see the advantages.....

on the area i am on i conserve pure as we toy wfpers do....and i have hit on a plan to just do all the annoying little top openers and stupid tiny top windows on the front bays i have...and come back after with big norris my 18incher and trad the bigger lower windows off...its looking good....of course i can check the wfp has done its job as well ....any mistakes have been....

operator error...ooops...back to school..:itwasntme:

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I don't get it cheapie
    If you wfp it why the need to trad check it
    You need to be confident it is a good job or might as well trad them while you're up the ladder

10. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I'm 100% trad and I love it, it's very satisfying work, and I've done all sorts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement