Envy you guys in UK.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by keefo, Dec 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

This is mainly to say that I envy you guys and girls who work on double glazing the majority of the time. The standard windows and frames here in oz are p**s poor, they flex, are of poor quality so a bugger to clean etc etc. I did my first double glazing job a month back which was internals and externals, it was a joy to work on. I've just been back today doing just the externals and got done so much quicker than the standard windows here. I asked her where she got them from as they are quality windows, surprise surprise they are from a German company that are based in one of the suburbs of Perth.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

the grass is always greener on the other side!

while it is true that most of the UK windows ARE double glazed now thats not to say the glass is flat in them. But now and then i come across single glazed old type "standard type "as you call them Keefo,

and they are a joy to clean cos the glass is as flat as a die , real quality glass, you can feel it.

3. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

Different from here then mate. The single glazed here are terrible and people just don't treat them right.

4. simon

simon Guru

id swap our weather for your **** windows any old day , but not your spiders !!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I wouldn't swap our weather. Sod working in 30degree heat all day, would rather work in the rain. Each to their own etc etc

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. simon

simon Guru

i love the heat & im sat at home now watching rain just bouncing out of the gutters across the road, i quite like rain but its been well out of order this year

7. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Its not nice working in extreme heat but when im sat here in van looking at my job list thats not going down with rain bouncing off windscreen i wouldnt mind a swap.

Its christmas, bills are due and i cant get owt done

And ive got a wet ****

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. simon

simon Guru

i will work in the rain if i need to, we're used to it in the lakes but its been hammering down for 2 months now & windy as well & we have a yellow warning for tomorrow now :mad:

9. simon

simon Guru

hey up just looked out & suns out im off lol

10. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

It's that fine balance which is needed, it was 35° today and if you're not careful the water can dry so quickly. After a few jobs today though, I was walking along a path besides the indian ocean with the missus and daughter.

Advertisement