Equipment brands

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Tmile, Apr 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tmile

Tmile Newcomer

I know a lot of this is personal preference but is there much of a difference between say a moerman squegee handle Chanel and grip compared to a ninja handle channel and grip? The difference in price in some of these is quite big but for a noob like me it all seems the same.. So I suppose the question is if I start off using a cheaper brand name and that's what i'm used to is the unger or ettore really any better and worth the few extra quid investment? And where does facelift fit in all this because their stuff seems good value for money too but not if it's s**t.. Just looking for some pointers on what to buy that will last and make the job as easy as possible.. Thanks in advance..tmile

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

For starters any squeegee will do the job except ninja as they are shite
    They are all roughly the same but all feel and perform slightly differently depending who is using them hence us all having our own preferences
    Saying that most people get on with the unger ergotec range and have the best standard tools imo
    Ettore perform well but the channels are wider from front to back and take more getting used to
    Facelift is made by unger as i have read online so can't be bad
    I use facelift rubber in my modified squeegees and liquidators

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i swear by Wagtail squeegees , Unger T bars and Moerman channels.

To be fair to the other brands they will all do the job

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Stay away from unger ninja - it's utter rubbish!

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I was on wcw site and they have the red applicator and it says made by unger
    Maybe they make them for wcw

7. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Ye but there trad tools like the fireblades are made by unger in red for facelift

8. Sydney

Sydney Member

Wagtail is the way to go also for using the pole,

9. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar Well-Known Member

#9 fenderjaguar, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    Well I love the contico hi-rise. The clamp and thread seems toy-like, and the grip is rubbish when wet, but £4 for an aluminium channel, a rubber and a big 40 degree handle and VERY light. Also, the pulex t bars and lambswools are ok too, quite cheap.

My favourite handle is the small ergotec, it has very nice grip and you can mod the hi-rise channels and have a nice light alumium channel for it. With the hi-rise channels being such thin light aluminium they are also very easy to mod, ie hack saw and bend into dog ear channels like the liquidators.

The ergotec pockets and belt are pretty good, but you may be able to get something with even nicer padding that isn't originally intended for window cleaning. Probably get the unger classic bucket on a belt if you are right handed. The ninja or moerman, if you are left handed. Don't like the pulex or ettore buckets, they bang my knee cap area all day (ouch).

Oh, also I thought we'd cleared up the whole fireblade thing? Aside from maybe the red rubber, all the red unger stuff is just janitorial, but fireblade pretend it's exclusively made for them....

10. Tmile

Tmile Newcomer

Tha ks for the responses lads..judging by what yous are saying i think ill go unger to be safe for the minute.. isthere a thread on how to dog ear channels properly? I have looked but cant find one..

Advertisement