Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Free Clean Offer Idea?

mufcglen

Hi guys I'm thinking of offering a free clean to my customers who recommend me to neighbours,friends etc and I get a regular job out of it,say maybe refer two people to me and if they become regular cleans u get a one off free clean!

Has anybody tried this and if so what's your thoughts and experiences, I'm thinking it will help my customers recommend me to they're friends neighbours as they know they'll get a free wash!

Pretty standard idea and It does work. Don't expect lots from it. But It can't hurt /emoticons/smile.png

Always worth a try I suppose....

However I've not tried it myself as my thoughts are ppl can take advantage when you offer something for free. One-off/first cleans generally takes me much longer to do so could end up being out of pocket if recommended ppl agree to a regular clean then change their minds and they only get them done once or on a ad-hoc basis.

I use something similar in my campaigns now, Ask for 5 recommendations for a free clean. You should look to average 3 recos per customer and as they never get you 5 people you never have to do a free clean, and all they are doing is just replacing themselves. Flippen marvellous and it works, if you consistantly push it. If I had a round Id have it on my flyers and website and welcome letter.

Word of mouth is king, for every happy customer you get 3 recos and for every unhappy customer you get 10 negative recos.

Hope this helps

that sounds like a good idea, going to print it out on my next batch of invoices.

I did one that offered 20% off their next clean but only got a few new customers. I think a free clean after 5 customer recommendations is brilliant.

It works and if they get you 1 offs which they will, theres no arguments because in their head they have done you a favour getting you someone else. 5 cleans is worth it for a free one.Do the same thing on their recommendations, so who do you know Mrs Jones because if you get me 5 paying customers you get a FREE clean thats why your friend was so keen for you to get a clean. People buy into it and want to help.

Back