Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice and ideas please.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diwrnach

Got a big gutter job next week, full days work on a large property, but there is two lengths of gutter that I am not sure if even possible to clean.

First off they are impossible to get to physically, they are over two very large and long conservatories with walks either end going up to roofs.

So, we think hoover right? well they have snow guards the full length of them which are I think going to be higher than I can reach over, and on top of that the gap between gutter and tile is less than an inch for most of it.

Was thinking of using long reach pressure washing pole with gutter U bend, but with the distance and the U bend being just shy of 90 degrees I will most likely just blast myself in the face.

Sorry didn't think to get pictures, any thoughts?

I think maybe get pvc pipe and using hot gun make a suitable pipe which will be long enough with right angle and narrow to get between roof tiles and end of gutters

First question have you done a camera survey so you know if they need doing or not?

I'm always very wary of using a pressure washer telescopic lance over a conservatory roof as you never know what's going to shoot out of the guttering and hit it. Also **** will cover the roof so you will end up having to clean that as well. They also kick like a mule so you might spend most of the time dancing around the garden trying to control it like I did once /emoticons/biggrin.png

No need for a camera they are overflowing with moss /emoticons/tongue.png

Don't think lance is usable as its a decent reach and not high @rshandyman might have an idea mind.

Did tell the customer that chances are I wouldn't be able to do a very good job on them and would just do my best, so no biggie but would be nice to do a good job if I can, also wants it done yearly so save myself work next time hopefully.

No need for a camera they are overflowing with moss /emoticons/tongue.png

Don't think lance is usable as its a decent reach and not high @rshandyman might have an idea mind.

Did tell the customer that chances are I wouldn't be able to do a very good job on them and would just do my best, so no biggie but would be nice to do a good job if I can, also wants it done yearly so save myself work next time hopefully.

Get on the roof and do it from above

Or like smurf said find a roofer mate to do that bit

Most of the time I can work around snow guards, It depends how they have been fitted. What tool do you have on your poles? I make them up from pvc pipe and carry spare angle joints and pipe so I can make new tools on the job. I use a fan jet on a wfp with mains pressure to help stir things up if necessary....

Get on the roof and do it from aboveOr like smurf said find a roofer mate to do that bit
With the weather as it is, roof would be real dicky, its covered in moss and soaking wet, and a slip puts you through a glass roof.

Most of the time I can work around snow guards, It depends how they have been fitted. What tool do you have on your poles? I make them up from pvc pipe and carry spare angle joints and pipe so I can make new tools on the job. I use a fan jet on a wfp with mains pressure to help stir things up if necessary....
Just standard tools for gutter vac, 3 widths of pipe, a downpipe fork, a hooky thing, hopefully I can reach but got a feeling I can't.

Might just have to fashion something while there, git of gaffa tape and another end lol.

Back