Ettore sleeves

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Sep 30, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#1 boarcity, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    BeFunky_porc.jpg.jpg recently there were a few posts on the ettore porcupine recommending it , so i got one for my workers to try out , they reckon its ok, but doesnt hold much water.
    when ordering it i also bought a couple of other sleeves ,i like to have a mix in the van. one of which is the blue sleeve on far right of the image of the ettore range.its called the ettore microfibre

i gave it a whirl all yesterday ,worked ok, but one downside,it holds so much water it killed my arm. this sleeve is a beast to use , i kid you not ,the heaviest iv ever used

Advertisement
  2. LeeWard90

LeeWard90 Newcomer

I used the ettore microfibre a couple of years ago, the velcro fastener ended up wearing away after not so many months so I purchased the porcupine, the porcupine is a great mop for new cleans (which is what I only use it for now) but during the summer months I found it wasn't retaining enough water so I went and ordered myself the ninja applicator, I've found this to be the best so far :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I like the blue Ettore sleeve myself. I have used a few, and its my personal favourite. I do also have a porcupine, and its good in the right place, though that's always the case - the right tool for the job.

Pulex also do a blue microfibre sleeve. Apart from the white scrub end pad (Pulex don't have one) and the difference in the fastening, it's the same thing as the blue Ettore one.

4. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I don't think you can beat the porcupine, it's like having a pan scrubber, so good at getting the muck off. I've used one now for must be 25 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#5 boarcity, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    heres another heavy duty scrubbing sleeve that disappointed me- the Unger Klett sleeve. the name sounds mysterious and possibly aggresive Photo-0029.jpg ,whose Klett when hes at home ?

klett=worse than useless in my book

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. TolishAPurd

I like the porky too. I don't mind that it doesn't hold much water, I'm never too far from the bucket now, and I always have a bottle on my hip.

Advertisement