Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin

Brian stephen

Suddenly my resin as stopped lasting any length of time,  3 different bags , 2 different suppliers  , as anybody had this problem  , the only thing I can think now is its the vessels a 11 litre and a 9 litre  , any advice  ? 

How many liters do you think youre using and at what starting ppm just before DI ? 

Personally i use MB 115 tulsion ,great stuff ! , heard bad things about Ungers though.. 

Suddenly my resin as stopped lasting any length of time,  3 different bags , 2 different suppliers  , as anybody had this problem  , the only thing I can think now is its the vessels a 11 litre and a 9 litre  , any advice  ? 
Had the same problem and got a Ro system. Tulsion seemed to  last me a pathetic amount of time compared to unger 

How many liters do you think youre using and at what starting ppm just before DI ? 

Personally i use MB 115 tulsion ,great stuff ! , heard bad things about Ungers though.. 
Yeah I use tulsion 115 , I'm getting about 2800 litres of water with the 2 vessels , that is close to half of what I was getting 

Just compared my two address to see if soft or hard.. two different areas but mad! Low is Birmingham, high is Cambridge.

8aa92ef2f3061d26e99a46bc327a9ebe.png

3681fc32a9c6772075a8443ea7d8f6d2.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm not sure whether that is right for Brum I was living in Great Barr up until Sept and it was nearly 300

300 in Brum? I used to get about 050 when I lived there, but a couple of miles up the road they had a different water supplier and I know the TDS was higher there.

i dont think there is a lot of difference in any of the makes ive used indion,unger,tulsion , ive hurd the ionic resin is good

Just done my old house in Accrington and it's only 20 there!! What does this mean for window cleaning? I've been looking at getting a system, what one would I get for the soft water area and which for the hard?

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

300 in Brum? I used to get about 050 when I lived there, but a couple of miles up the road they had a different water supplier and I know the TDS was higher there.
My water came from Barr Beacon so probably tainted by the doggers!! If you look under the result it is only a measure of calcium carbonate.

According the resin calculators, mine should last 3 months but I usually get around six weeks with my 11 litre vessel.

i use an RO with bypass valves so I don't get TDS creep.

after RO is 009' also I use tulsion mb115

How can a di vessel be faulty 
It could be easy to damage the riser tube when trying to insert it into newly replaced resin. The tube can kink where it enters the head and not seal properly at the o ring if you try to 'force' it in. The o ring could also get damaged. In both cases some of the water would be bypassing the resin and 'contaminating' the water that has past through the resin. 

When we change resin we then fill the di vessel with water which makes it easier to insert the riser head and baskets without causing any damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be easy to damage the riser tube when trying to insert it into newly replaced resin. The tube can kink where it enters the head and not seal properly at the o ring if you try to 'force' it in. The o ring could also get damaged. In both cases some of the water would be bypassing the resin and 'contaminating' the water that has past through the resin. 

When we change resin we then fill the di vessel with water which makes it easier to insert the riser head and baskets without causing any damage.

Surely then, if this was the case the vessel wouldn't produce 000ppm from the very outset?

Surely then, if this was the case the vessel wouldn't produce 000ppm from the very outset?

You make a valid point if you short fill on resin.

I fill my resin slightly higher that the curve of the di vessel. In my case the riser head with basket and the riser tube sit into the top of the resin. So I believe that my setup would show 0ppm for some time before I had an issue.

I did also start my reply with the word could as these 2 reasons are the only explanation I could think of for a di vessel being faulty.

Of course, the other explanation for resin not lasting is the quality of the resin itself. This has been a 'hot' topic for quite some time. TBH I can't comment either way as I just don't know enough about the subject. We have always had good results from Tulsion Resin MB115. A single charge of resin in my di vessel lasts me a year and it has for the last 4 years I've had the vessel. Our water quality has improved over the past 4 years so it could be that a poorer quality resin is being masked by the lower rejection rate of the r/o.

I bought a bag a couple of years ago and split it with another cleaner I know. He later complained that the resin was rubbish as it didn't last like his previous bag did. However, he forgot he was using more water as he was supplying another window cleaner with water as well. He also didn't actually know how much water that window cleaner was helping himself to either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back