Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin not lasting

Ralphy

hi guys,

I bought the reach and wash last year, came with reverse osmosis but it's only a 4 stage one, sediment filter, carbon block filter, resin filter, then to another sediment filter, then it goes to my di vessel then to the hose reel out of my brush ( I have a 250ltr tank filled with tap water which goes through the ro)

When I first bought it the bag of resin lasted me a while (I'm assuming it was unger resin) but then I had to buy a new 100 psi pump (baring in mind I don't have a pump controller) anyways I changed the filters in ro. But bought 10ltr of resin of eBay to be on the cheap side.. Supposed to be tulson from daqua.. Lasted about 2 days before smelling and tds went sky high... Same again yesterday ordered new resin and it's done same again, is it the quality of the resin? Is my pump too powerful for filters do I need controller? Or is my ro set up wrong even though it was fine when I first bought it?? HELPPP!!!!!

The resin will be fine. There must be something with your system that is effecting it. Check the ppm going in. I have just seen on the news high levels of chlorine in water which will destroy resin straight away. Check your vessel riser tube for cracks and top of tube has to be round in shape. Have had a few customers where frost has damaged their vessels. One way to check is put a plastic bag on the bottom of the riser tube and turn on the water. If water comes out of the outlet then you have a problem. If you need any help give us a call on Monday as away for the weekend.

I have ran it without the vessel and tds is showing 66 (baring in mind one of the housing has 10" resin) im going down today to buy a pump controller hoping this helps as maybe my pump is pushing the water through too fast for the filters to work maybe ??

I have just put the tap on the di vessel it's coming out at 86, surely the resin can't of ran out after a day of use ??

It's the fishy smell what's there though which basically comes when the resin is on its way out.. It's not even 3 days opened from mail

What's happening is untreated water is making is mixing with the pure.Having 66 ppm after RO through 10 inch vessel will not work as not enough resin. Your membranes have had it as well so you will need to change them. Also your set up seems odd. Have never heard of tank to RO. It is always RO into tank.

Something very wrong because your readings are all over the place. Tap 96 out of RO 66, then di 86 now 32. You may also have a faulty meter. If you know another window cleaner locally they may be able to help

My tap is hooked up to the vessel by itself no other filters now and it's still pouring out 36 ppm water? Been recommended to shake vessel and roll it which I have done but still no good

Think I'll buy another vessel with some resin, use twin di into the tank then use the tank for pure water to pump to my hoses, this seems like the best option for me

ralphy,no dis respect but you seem new to this,post some pictures of your set up,it gives a clearer idea of what is going wrong,when you've posted some photos,take a cold water tap tds from a clean container then disconnect the pipe from the end of the pre filters and take a reading from there,then the one after the ro and finally the one from the di into your tank/holding tank this will give a very concise picture of what is happening

sorry if i come across as being rude but without the proper readings and a fair few photos it'll never be solved,dougies resin is spot on to be fair so maybe you have a problem with your ro

I will post some photos in the morning.. I don't want to sound like I'm slating the resin as it's just a suggestion.. I'll put some up in the morning for you to look at then see what you guys think. Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock